advertisement

£1220 Ditton 662's

davewells

Not so much a question as a statement of astonishment. On a major nostalgia trip I decided to have a punt at some Celestion Ditton 662's that I'd seen on ebay. I thought a bid of £400 would give me half a chance. Oh dear! How wrong could I be. Sold for £1220. Am I missing something or were they really that good 30 years ago?

The 66 and 662 weren't bad at all and the tall cabinets had some small sort of elegance.. Only worth around a ton in reality..

Try for some B&O Beovox 5702 - a Ditton 66 in a smaller cabinet but much the same drivers I think... I think KEF Concerto's are still affordable and they're probably better.

DSJR, there is nothing in common with the B&Os you mention, they use 10'' drivers.

Clearly you have not heard the Celestion Ditton 66s, if you had you would understand a current speaker this capable would cost several £ thousands

As for the Kefs, not even the same ball game

Mate had the 66s and me the 44s at the same time. I seem to remember the 66s as a lovely big thunderous and realistic speaker........certainly on the rock music we always played at the time.

The drive units are tastily built too. They were always good VFM as you could buy them in Comet:cool: 66 was a good bit more ££ than 44

advertisement

Back