advertisement

£10 Goldring Lenco GL75!

Pro-ject arms will also fit the gemoetry, the carbon fibre ones can be had for reasonable money. You can also retain the silver collar and use that to clamp the arm in place, put a better arm in without having to modify any original components in and enjoy it with a much better arm which it really does deserve, keeping the original parts safe somewhere. Even re-plinthing the deck doesn't involve modding the deck itself. I would also recommend a bearing and motor re-lube/clean.

Nice one, I was always a Thorens guy though I heard these decks in Discos in the early 70's, good sounds, moved on from the music apart from Santana.

Tell us about the Krautrock. ;)

Here you go, the compilation I've never seen on vinyl, it was recommended to me by Ewen 1970 of this parish who is an authority on Krautrock and Industrial Noise!

It's a great compilation for those wishing to check out the Krautrock scene and is available on CD for around a tenner.

http://s1013.photobucket.com/user/gaius1/media/Krautrock/image_zpse0324f89.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

This is obviously not a new idea, but if you re-plinth it you can turn the whole thing through 90 degrees, so you then mount the replacement arm on the plinth and you can use any arm you like, because you've gained, or rather lost, about 5mm in height and you can drill the hole wherever you like for distance.

advertisement

Back