advertisement

“The Taxi Cab”

Fretless Eric

Musketeer Bathos
I have a track on a compilation tape given to me a while ago and its called “The Taxi Cab”.

The track is heavily orchestrated and sang by, what may be, a middle-aged New York gentleman who describes, in intimate detail, the residence of a wonderful woman with “a bed that’s big enough for three; one of her and two of me”.

However, after describing this beauty and her abode, he reminds us, with wonderful bathos, that "me, I drive the taxi cab”.

I would like to find out who “he” is.

I just know someone in Pink Fish-world will be able to tell me and put me out of my angst, please.

I have tried the search engines but no luck so far.

Cheers,

This is still bugging the hell out of me and, as there are many new members these days, I was wondering if anyone can help.

Ta.

Seems its probably a version by Mort Shuman for the film "Jacques Brel Is Alive and Well and Living in Paris"

Well found that man, thank you.

I wonder why this link didn’t come up from my search engines?

Anyway, this puts a nice lid on it and I can sleep at night again. I may just go get the DVD as I like the sound of it.

My Brel education will have to wait as I have spent ages trying to find a CD soundtrack or DVD version of the film with this track on. It seems that it was one song that got cut. I can only imagine that the others are something else.

Chris, I really appreciate the knowledge.

advertisement

Back