advertisement

‘Restoring’ - Beatles Laminated flip back sleeves?

Your havin a laugh Barry, if you think I’m going to start typing up ingredients - get yourself off to Halfords in the morning :p

ooh these Beatles LPs sound nice - I don’t think I have heard a single click or pop on them :D

I do love ‘I need you’, guess thats George Harrison’s guitar?

I’m not complaining at £1.98 for the pair! The labels have spindle marks and I can see scuffs/scratches - but they don’t sound, I guess records were just manufactured better back then. Hard to believe these discs are 50 years old and still good to go.

Definitely a result.

I have found that the records pressed in the sixties and very early seventies are so much more robust than later offerings.

image3-2_zpsqrymtzto.jpg

9a396c22-b939-46ce-8995-e173f2e50594_zpslokh3p20.jpg

7a1a18af-055d-46e0-af7d-fb04a320bb73_zpsks1loxvm.jpg

Definitely a result.

I have found that the records pressed in the sixties and very early seventies are so much more robust than later offerings.

In addition all this modern heavyweight vinyl isn’t without it’s issues at the pressing stage re temperature - get it wrong and lots of noise.

You certainly 'dropped on' finding any Beatles vinyl in a charity shop. I thought everybody knew that all Beatles vinyl is now worth millions.

Mull

Hard to believe these discs are 50 years old and still good to go.

Help! was released 50 years ago his week!

I'm about to buy a CD copy at the weekend as part of my ongoing mission to buy the entire Beatles catalogue in order exactly 50 years on from the original release dates.

So far, so fascinating to hear the change in style between each album with the time interval since the last release in real time for perspective.

Jonathan

advertisement

Back