advertisement

FAO DS re Earth

Sir

My copy of 'And The Bees Made Honey In The Lions Skull' arrived today.

It's excellent. Is it representative of their stuff?

I have Boris and some Sun (((o))) and think it's nothing like this, so what else is similar?

NickL - get it bought.

Sir

My copy of 'And The Bees Made Honey In The Lions Skull' arrived today.

It's excellent. Is it representative of their stuff?

I have Boris and some Sun (((o))) and think it's nothing like this, so what else is similar?

NickL - get it bought.

No! But Hibernaculum (sp?) is similar - it was the EP before the album. Kind of ultra slo-core country really. Nothing like Sunn at all.

Well, all of Earth, obviously is it, and all of Sunn ((((((O)))))), all of Om, perhaps the Om / Current 93 collaboration, and then KTL I, KTL II and KTL III, and I expect the soon available KTL IV, Thrones, Leviathan, perhaps the softer end of Merzbow like Merzbuddha,

Then even for the mood, Hive Mind, Oren Ambrachi, later Skullflower and Ramleh, perhaps some of the Godspeed you Black Emperor!, Sleep, Jesu, Isis and all that there.

DS

Ordered (as ordered), but if it gives me bad dreams I'll get my Dad to give you a clip round the ear!

Nothing I've heard from Sunn (((((O))))) and Merzbow have ever made me want to hear more....unfortunately as a listener to Freak Zone I don't get much choice.

Recommendations and taste are a personal things there is it.

Nobody likes a clipping of the eras.

I have taken on lndie-rock lite recommendations from a raving inkypress, only to be disappointed time and time again over that.

DS

I remain nervous about the possible clip around the ear.
As you should young man, involving as it would a ouija board and not a little ectoplasm. Still, looking on the bright side, you might make Living TV.

And if you're right you'll also have made at least three Villa fans happy as they've been nagging me for some while about this album's triffness.

Well, on first listening, it's an odd fish and no mistaking. I bunged it on the iPod and went walking round Park Royal (the armpit of the universe) yesterday lunchtime.

Seemed OK, but I did wonder whether track 2 was going to bring much of a change so I dug it out of my pocket and...oh it was track 2 already...no wait...it's track 3. Ah. OK, I get the picture. With expectations now re-set I carried on and it was alright, though probably better suited to zombiing out to. Would have liked the odd change of pace or rhythm here and there, but I guess that's part of its charm.

I'll give it another whirl under different circumstances. Clippage avoided.

Nice slip-case BTW

Good news (I think).

Especially good news about avoiding the clippage, I'm not sure I'd survive it in my current state.

advertisement

Back