advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2008 part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
dan i like that first one, a bit hopper-esque (sorry, i know that's an overused cliche for desolate all-american landscapes, but still a compliment!)

One result from yesterday's wandering around Fitrovia

2477782405_7bfa08b76b.jpg

Rolleiflex Acros Rodinal1+50

kit.

the lampost scene is interesting, but i think you have included too much and what gives it the charm is partially destroyed by the competing interests. there are possible 3 photos in there and this mentalp-style approach would have worked best for me:

kitt.jpg

(i've also toyed with the curves a bit)

note how the crop eliminates much of what gives a 3D illusion and consequently you get a flat, less literal, more painterly effect. not advocating crop, but alternate framing, of course.

vuk.

pete.

you keep finding those skinny lines! why not put that in the feminine theme thread? or do you have something better in mind?

vuk.

kit.

the lampost scene is interesting, but i think you have included too much and what gives it the charm is partially destroyed by the competing interests. there are possible 3 photos in there and this mentalp-style approach would have worked best for me:

Vuk, thanks for the feedback.

As far as cropping goes, it's the halo that makes the angel. Borders need dither not to be brutal.

As for the number of objects in the frame, my imagined ideal Kit-esque photo is a soft, low impact affair the eye can comfortably wander around in. I dislike high impact photography; if I see everything in a photo by glancing at it from the corner of my eye, I look once and forget about it forever. I'm researching sticky and insidious.

I had it covered. I can even name the flash you used to take the shot, that isn't public :) It's kind of annoying that your waving a flash around shots still come out better than my carefully planned ones though.

I had it covered. I can even name the flash you used to take the shot, that isn't public :) It's kind of annoying that your waving a flash around shots still come out better than my carefully planned ones though.

Yes I don't think that shot would get me any prizes for careful composition or set-up. Just wave your camera around, eventually some shit will stick!

p.s. what flash did i use, just out of interest? didn't actually look/ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back