advertisement

What song has the deepest bass in your collection

I find that a number of records in my collection 'do' deep (breathtaking) base.
The Cure (collection) has it. So too does Chris Rea's 'Road To Hell'

Can't say thay my cdp quite matches vinyl, but maybe that's because I have much more vinyl. SASTUSBULBAS asks about speakers, but of course, the source and pre. have to be up to the job!

With my ProAc Response 4 speakers weighing in at 127kg each, I feel in my case that amplification is much more a determiner of base (Naim 135s), assuming my room acoustics are ok.

A seamless wide dynamic range is a far more important criterion, surely.

SASTUSBULBAS asks about speakers, but of course, the source and pre. have to be up to the job!

With my ProAc Response 4 speakers weighing in at 127kg each, I feel in my case that amplification is much more a determiner of base (Naim 135s), assuming my room acoustics are ok.

A seamless wide dynamic range is a far more important criterion, surely.

Hello,

Yes I agree, rooms and amplification are important for bass performance, but they are not going to re-adjust the speakers frequency responce and dynamic capability are they?

One of the things I find with my own kit, is different bass performance with different speakers. Hence some's perception of a particular CD's bass performance. Some CD's I have have superb LF effects and performance, which disapears. or sounds lacking, in an undynamic system with strong bass but not much below 40hz.

I was just curious to puting systems to the music and taste of some posters here.

I myself use a varity of kit, usually Kef R107, Kef R105.4, Rogers Studio 1, Linn Kan MkII, and Cerwin Vega V-152. With amplification from Krell and Classe, and an old Technics SU-MA10 as examples. Though I also find source important.

For instance, the Technics set up is much improved if I use an EAD CD transport with a Genesis Digital Lense, into the Technics digital section, this is with my Linn Kans. I do not get bass depth, but (for the package) quite superb percussion with well recorded CD's, and superb dynamics. Percussion and bass performance suffers in this system if I remove the Genesis lense.

At work I am using the Cerwin Vega's, but some CD's sound so completely different, lacking that low low end, that I find them less enjoyable.

chikinki some tracks from the - lick your ticket album.
Last track on black cherry - goldfrapp goes pretty low to.

skip mahoney and the casuals , janice dont be so blind to love, every nightclub i have ever heard it in or took my 12 inch single to has had to turn the bass down as the bass drivers cannot cope at the volume they were already using , this is a soul music track from the 70s

Some Talvin sing track, about the 2nd or 3rd on an album of his, someones borrowed it so i cannot remeber which it is..

The Bass goes so low on my active Briks it takes my breath away.

advertisement

Back