advertisement

Innuos nextgen statement and synergistic research fuses

MarkieW

pfm Member
Just posting this here so that search engines pick it up and other people can learn from my experience. I just replaced the T2A fuse in the back of the nextgen statement with an SR Orange T2A fuse. It blew about 1 sec into power up. Swapped it out for a second one, that blew too. Put their own fuse back in and all OK. Those fuses had previously worked fine in other equipment (inc a Zenith Mk3) and gave a nice lift in SQ.

Pretty disappointed TBH.... :-(

You bought a high end product; assumed that they couldn’t possibly have tried different fuses and so decided you knew better than the manufacturer. Comic genius.

Just posting this here so that search engines pick it up and other people can learn from my experience. I just replaced the T2A fuse in the back of the nextgen statement with an SR Orange T2A fuse. It blew about 1 sec into power up. Swapped it out for a second one, that blew too. Put their own fuse back in and all OK. Those fuses had previously worked fine in other equipment (inc a Zenith Mk3) and gave a nice lift in SQ.

Pretty disappointed TBH.... :-(

Ignore the two opinionated laughing boys. Is the SR fuse definitely the same amp and time rating?

Just solder a 1 mm copper wire instead of the fuse and enjoy. Life is full of risks, why not take one with shorting a 2A fuse? Maybe you will reach audiophile nirvana...

Last edited:
Just solder a 1 mm copper wire instead of the fuse and enjoy. Life is full of risks, why not take on with shorting 2A fuse? Maybe you will reach audiophile nirvana...
In my studio, where only I would die, I used copper blanks instead of plug fuses. When I replaced them with normal ones it sounded much better since I could listen without a fire extinguisher. Markie, I suggest you ask a friend to organise a blind test of fancy fuses so you truly know where you're at; very easy to do if they don't blow up after a few seconds.

What a thoroughly unpleasant person you are

Quite possibly, but do you not understand that 240v into an amp gets converted to DC so the most critical part is that AC to DC conversion? It's quite irrelevant how clean the AC supply is as long as the conversion to DC is clean. The best amp designers are 'generally' famous because of their power supplies.

I use an Ongaku, purely because it's power is so clean.

Fuses are an absolute load of gash, perpetuated by those who have absolutely no idea (idiots)

Uk plugs have fuses in them primarily to protect the mains lead behind it and are designed to fail should too much current be drawn.
The uk power grid runs AC and is inherently noisy and always will be, most devices convert that AC into DC to be used within said device. Fuses are a protection device.
Uk homes also have a fuse inline before the meter and consumer unit. They are standardised devices and are not audiophile grade so addition of a fancy fuse later in the chain at the plug may not be necessary.

I’m not against well made/luxury items or audio grade things, but if they are sold as making improvements then they should come with some kind of testing for what they claim.
as fuses they will have to go through safety and compliance testing to be on the market which is part of the cost manufacturing products and bringing them to market, so why do these sort of products not have this? Noise in mains or electronics is measurable and is part of certification process.
If a fuse is high end because it’s made with pure copper wire and gold plated end caps then it should be sold as that, not as something that will reduce noise or give clearer soundstage(for example).

advertisement

Back