advertisement

how many records do you play in an average week and what percentage of listening is vinyl?

Not nearly enough. Kids, dogs, work, hassle, running: quality listening time is at a premium!!

Some 30 albums a week, all files stored locally. A new taster album is occasionally streamed from Spotify.

Just put on a nice 1985 reissue copy of Autobahn. Made for vinyl, or vinyl was made for that... Sounds so good

love the Behringer DAC, but the deck is so choice.

I play records every day including weekends. A mixture of albums, 12” & 7” Singles.
A conservative guesstimate of 6 to 8 hours a day, definitely more on some days.

Since I upgraded my c.d. player a few years ago, I play some c.d’s, but not every day.
No streaming.
Very rarely music radio.
Talk/news radio all through the night, I can’t sleep if it is quiet. It has to be talk radio, if it was music I would listen to it!

Not sure, but about 90% records.

I work from home and always have music on if I'm not in a meeting. Probably 60% CD, 30% vinyl, 10% shuffling Tidal or a big hard drive of CD rips

Despite recently servicing my Heybrook TT2 my record playing falls somewhere between hardly any and none. (Much closer to none than any)
My heart just isn’t in it any more, streaming offers so much more choice and is so easy.

I listen to probably 5-8 albums per day but I'm all (local) streaming as my vinyl collection is on a different continent, much to my parents' dismay, and therefore I have yet to have any reason to invest in a turntable.

I listen to probably 5-8 albums per day but I'm all (local) streaming as my vinyl collection is on a different continent, much to my parents' dismay, and therefore I have yet to have any reason to invest in a turntable.

I left all my records behind when I lived abroad for a couple of years. I took a hard drive of FLACs but barely used - ended up just buying loads more records... : )

Just put a Shibata stylus onto my Clearaudio cart, hoping this encourages me to play more records. On first listen, I think it will.

Reactions: RoA
I’m lucky, reckon about 15 a week, all vinyl. I use Tidal for when I’m on the move and BBC Sounds too. Love them both also.

Argh - you’re quite right - it was Busy Bodies I was thinking of, rather than Towed in a Hole! D’oh! I shall hang my head in shame and cancel my Sons of the Desert membership!

:)
I am a big fan, and have the L & H collection boxset of dvd’s. I love Chaplin as well, along with Keaton. Laurel & Hardy will always be my favourite of the black & white pioneers.

advertisement

Back