advertisement

Furutech Terminated Power Cords

Probably more like 250V.

Not so.

In the same way that a UK mains plug and socket must comply to BS1363, a US socket like this must comply to IEC 60906-2 which covers:
“Plugs 15A 125V a.c. and 20A 125V a.c. for household and similar purposes, for the connection of equipment to distribution systems having nominal voltages between 100V and 130V a.c.”

Havent read the whole thread, but I found swapping/upgrading the IEC end made more impact on the Puritan Ultimate cable than swapping the plug end. Maybe thats a general rule or maybe thats a reflection of the supplied parts. Anyway that was the result FWIW

The SE uses Furutech on both ends so I can’t be more precise. For sure, the IEC end is a snugger fit compared to standard

Web page does say...
GTX-D NCF(R) - 20A 125V

Why not use their Schuko socket which is rated to UK voltages?

I find that most good mains power cables which made a difference come with US plugs. From my limited experience, mains power cables especially factory terminated ones with US plugs sound better than those which come with UK plugs. FWIW I found little to zero difference with mains power cables which come in UK plugs, but then they are mostly cheap designs costing below £200 (Chord Purple powerchord etc.)

FWIW I found little to zero difference with mains power cables which come in UK plugs, but then they are mostly cheap designs costing below £200
Any cord under £200 is cheap? We must live in different worlds (or have massively different priorities)!

Did you do the wiring yourself or a qualified electrician?
I presume you're not an electrician as you never said but correct me if incorrect

As I said before, Schuko wall sockets are a safer bet

A qualified electrician will install them
They're safe
They're rated at 250v
Furutech make bloody good Schuko sockets (and plugs)
The plugs don't have fuses so do bear that in mind but some people here would see that as an advantage

Did you do the wiring yourself or a qualified electrician?
I presume you're not an electrician as you never said but correct me if incorrect

A qualified electrician did the wiring. Yes, I'm not an electrician and wouldn't mess with any wiring of wall sockets. I was informed that there are many who installed the GTX-D NCF or other types of US wall sockets for hifi purposes. I did not consider any other types of sockets (Schuko) as most good mains cables I own come with US plugs, factory terminated. Prior to replacing the standard wall socket, I was using a power strip which come with US sockets.

advertisement

Back