advertisement

Problems with ITVX

tones

Tones deaf
I realise that most of you folk are UK residents and have no problems with this sender, but living, as we do, in Switzerland, and quite fancying some of the series advertised, we find that we can't access them. We have tried two different VPNs, and the best we can do is get live programmes on one of ITV's channels, but never anything else. We used to be able to get ITVX, but can no longer do so. We have no problems with the BBC's iPlayer. Has ITV got so much better at VPN detection?

I'm in France and have NordVPN.
I don't watch ITVX but do have a ITV account.
I've just watched the first few minutes of a series called 'Crime' (probably quite apt:)) without any issues on my laptop.
It won't connect via chromecast however.

When I was on my jollies in Greece I had no trouble watching anything on my iPad using a trial of Express VPN.
However I do regularly get problems at home with ITV X dropping out, freezing, etc on my tv..

I'm in France and have NordVPN.
I don't watch ITVX but do have a ITV account.
I've just watched the first few minutes of a series called 'Crime' (probably quite apt:)) without any issues on my laptop.
It won't connect via chromecast however.
Interesting, thanks. ITVX is the new name for ITV's streaming service. I've always used ExpressVPN, but Nord was advertised as being especially good for accessing ITVX. I tried it, and it failed.

Appologies for crashing in on your ITVX thread

I have a Sony Android smart tv which has ITVX app on the Home menu. I am able to watch programmes fine but a strange peculiarity is that all the intermediate advert breaks are blank black screen. The first intrductary add the falling dominoes are seen but all subsequent ad breaks result in silent black screen

Anyone else have this issue.

eddie

That sounds like a plus to me. I find ITVX unwatchable because of the amount of advertising
It does seem to be very variable. In some shows, it's lots, in others, relatively little (the programmes sponsored by Cupra seemed to have relatively little).

I have a Sony Android smart tv which has ITVX app on the Home menu. I am able to watch programmes fine but a strange peculiarity is that all the intermediate advert breaks are blank black screen. The first intrductary add the falling dominoes are seen but all subsequent ad breaks result in silent black screen

eddie
Watching a catch up on it I regularly get to an ad break, the programme freezes and going back restarts at the beginning.
Very frustrating.

ITVX is a pretty poor platform, very glitchy. Far too many ads for a streaming service but it’s the only way they serve the target number of ads. I find I give up on series.

eddie

Yes, we get a similar thing on an LG-based TV and have done for quite a while, although we can hear the adverts whilst the screen is black.

Other than that, ITVX seems fine, which is more than can be said for My5, which just gives us a ‘VJS2010” error for anything we try to watch, and has done for the last 6 months or so.

According to Channel 5 help, they don’t really know what this error means and the limit of the suggestions form their support squad was to re-boot the TV and the router, neither of which made any difference.

That sounds like a plus to me. I find ITVX unwatchable because of the amount of advertising
I agree its a plus v the inane adverts but I can't help feeling a bit silly staring at a silent black screen for even if it is only for about a minute or so

Watching a catch up on it I regularly get to an ad break, the programme freezes and going back restarts at the beginning.
Very frustrating.
Bob
Have a bit more patience The black screen may not be a freeze and may only last a minute or two and then the programme may resume

It isn’t a black screen, the ad, usually of a river cruise, just freezes and waiting is of no use.
I also agree with the poster about My5. In this house it’s as much use as a chocolate teapot.

Try Windscribe VPN.
It has a very generous free allowance so easy to give it a good try on ITVX.

Very frustrating.
Does this happen if you access the same catch-up using your PC? This is to eliminate a problem with your TV.

DV

advertisement

Back