advertisement

Apple Vision Pro

Its just so spooky, there is some great ideas in there such as integration with macs , keyboards etc but those spooky eyes peering out of the hardware oooh, makes me shiver!

Also the price lol.

Yeouch! Freaky bleeding eyes to scare the kids with..

Could be amazing, but it’ll only work really well for single geeks. - Apple fans. Perfect.

what is the price? I must have missed that bit?! Blimey $3500 :D

I’ve a mate that suffered a nasty spinal injury on his bike that has left him very limited in mobility regarding his arms/hands and I imagine he’d love this but not at that price unfortunately

Just watching it now. Astonishing technology. Really impressive. I can’t imagine it being even remotely comfortable for long periods though. I agree there is something quite disturbing about it too. I suspect it shows what is coming, it just needs to shrink to Google Glass size somehow. Or offer it as one of Space Karen’s brain implants to be fitted by a Boston Dynamics robot dog.

Wow, it's like we're living in the future.

3iUGUU0.jpg

Joe

I’ve often joked with my kids how many things from the original Star Trek (captains log is an iPad) have made it into production. This is another example. Looking forward to the day when I press a button on my empty microwave and a nice hot Thai curry comes out.

.sjb

They have started with the 'pro' model no doubt next year they will introduce the 2k variant lol.

In fairness apple don't sell at a loss, and look at the price of the new quest, with nowhere near the tech. I understand the price point, but yes a game for the rich. The rich that want to look super freaky with their eyes projected 2 inches from their face haha.

I love how inanimate the people using them were.

Marques seems a bit into it.

He does very good reviews and that seemed very balanced to me. Plenty of criticism, plenty of questions etc. The technology is clearly amazing, but whether it is actually useful beyond gaming and entertainment remains to be seen. The things which are most obvious is a) it is way too heavy, and b) the battery life is poor, and even that is on a wire. I view it very much as a proof of concept/prototype. This technology is clearly interesting, but it isn’t ready yet.

^ 'beyond gaming and entertainment' ? People spend hours a day gaming and watching tv. Think of it as an IPhone 1.

3.5k to watch netflix is a stretch though. The tech in this thing is cutting edge though to be fair. I have no doubt meta is in the same boat but realises it cannot produce kit at 3.5k.

Question is where was Microsoft in all this lol, they have been developing that hololens for literally a decade and its still nowhere.

^ 'beyond gaming and entertainment' ? People spend hours a day gaming and watching tv. Think of it as an IPhone 1.

To my mind there are three distinct products here, a) a VR gaming/movie headset, and b) a more developed form of Google Glass, i.e. a HUD for the real world, and c) yet another form of computer GUI. I’m far from convinced they all go together just by nature of the conflicting form-factors.

My suspicion is this is far too expensive to be a gaming headset and just too bulky, heavy, and battery-compromised to be anything else. It will be very interesting to see where it is after another decade of development. I’m also fascinated to see what app developers bring to the table. I didn’t see anything in the demo I thought was a real ‘killer app’, so it looks like a device looking for a purpose to some degree.

PS How long until the first person is arrested for driving wearing one?

advertisement

Back