advertisement

Andy's not sweating.

This is what they call investigative journalism at the Torygraph these days. It did used to have a reputation for the best and widest news coverage - as long as you didn't read the editorial guff!

I took the Telegraph for three months for a quid or something like that on an introductory offer. There was a lot of good stuff. You can read the Guardian free at the same time to balance out the political bias. But the editorials are awful. Nicely wrapped, but awful.

Andrew is contested the case against home so why did he stump up the cash to make it go away.
Cynics would say he didn’t stump up. The only reason Americans come to England is for our old stuff and that very much includes the royal family. It worth billions so a few million and a bit of the English being humiliated(again) is a small price to pay our American friends.
Some are awful and vulgar (just like some Chinese) but we need their money. That’s why Brexit was such a huge joke to anyone with half an interest in the last seventy years of our history

I wonder why Philip Schofield took exactly the same approach as Randy Andy by going to the BBC for a TV interview after the media is in a frenzy. I wonder if he will come off better.

There is no equivalence between Schofield and Andrew
Of course there is, the media and associated anti-social media is destroying Schofield, exactly like it destroyed Andy. I'm not in any way comparing their situations before the media erupted, but the media is treating them in the same way. And the reaction from Schofield is identical......do a sober BBC interview to try to calm the storm. I just wonder if it's going to work for him.

Randy 'destroyed' himself. Got caught with his trousers round his ankles; had Big Ma pay Big Dollar to have his strides pulled back up for him. Currently pretending nothing seedy or illegal happened at all.

As for Schofield, we're yet to see how his situation plays out.

John

Of course there is, the media and associated anti-social media is destroying Schofield, exactly like it destroyed Andy. I'm not in any way comparing their situations before the media erupted, but the media is treating them in the same way. And the reaction from Schofield is identical......do a sober BBC interview to try to calm the storm. I just wonder if it's going to work for him.

The media didn't destroy Andy ,he did it himself.

Randy 'destroyed' himself. Got caught with his trousers round his ankles; had Big Ma pay Big Dollar to have his strides pulled back up for him. Currently pretending nothing seedy or illegal happened at all.

As for Schofield, we're yet to see how his situation plays out.

John
He avoided answering a question, though. A really significant one. Interviewer asks at 3 mins 20 here if there will be any more allegations coming out in the future and his response was: 'this is my biggest sorriest secret'. It just reminds me a bit of the Andy interview to be honest...and I'm not the most cynical nasty person in the world.

https://www.itv.com/news/2023-06-02...t-everything-in-the-wake-of-his-secret-affair

Did he justify how he met the person when the person was 15 and subsequently got him an interview at ITV? I think it all rests on this.

Did he justify how he met the person when the person was 15 and subsequently got him an interview at ITV? I think it all rests on this.

I wouldn't dream of victim blaming but it doesn't sound as if Schofield was in any way proactive in this. We have of course only heard one side so far.

I thought that the kid was doing work experience aged 15 for the TV company, PS gave him some advice 're how to proceed, the kid later went into TV for work and spoke to him, PS then arranged for him to have an interview, the now adult was hired and ended up working in the same offices, the rest you know.

It seems really odd. I would imagine most 50 plus TV men have had affairs with younger women with no particular career problems. So there is either more to come out or it is all a bit homophobic.

Last edited:
It seems really odd. I would imaging most 50 plus TV men have had affairs with younger women with no particular career problems. So there is either more to come out or it is all a bit homophobic.
It hinges on whether there was any abuse of power in the gaining of consent.

I thought that the kid was doing work experience aged 15 for the TV company, PS gave him some advice 're how to proceed, the kid later went into TV for work and spoke to him, PS then arranged for him to have an interview, the now adult was hired and ended up working in the same offices, the rest you know.
They met when PS visited a stage/theatre school.

It seems really odd. I would imaging most 50 plus TV men have had affairs with younger women with no particular career problems. So there is either more to come out or it is all a bit homophobic.
Yes, probably, but more broadly speaking, both cases possibly show prejudice, the anti-royal prejudice must have accelerated Randy Andy's downfall.

I'm not pro-royal, by the way! Just seeing a lot of similarities in how things are panning out in the media.

What Andrew says is allegedly true from various reputable news sources. I believe there may also have been some messages exchanged on Twitter, this has also been published in reputable news sources.

If as a teacher I had met someone at 15, had an exchange of messages on social media, helped that person get a job, say a TA post at the school I worked at. If I then had an affair with that person, and lied about it, I would be asked very hard questions and quite rightly so. It is nothing to do with whether he’s gay or not, it’s whether he’s acted appropriately. The power imbalance between them is quite marked for sure.

advertisement

Back