advertisement

Witch Hat Audio ceases trading

Are there?

I thought the other contenders such as Darran and the various dealers who offer services are all Naim authorised and don't entertain modifications of any sort.

There's still Avondale but I'm not sure how into the actual servicing they are these days.

Perhaps I should have said independent rather than 3rd party.

Anybody who paid by credit card ought to be able to get a refund via their card issuer.

You'll be unlikely to get anything out of the administrators I'd have thought.

I ordered one pair of Spectre and one Morgana cable on September 29, 2022. Every few weeks I have received an email with yet another excuse for why items aren't shipping. I just got off the phone with Chase Visa here in the US and they are able to dispute this claim.

I think unless you more or less run it as a break even hobby project from a cellar in your own house, mortgage free and with a semi decent pension you have sweet FA chance of running a hifi manufacturing business in the U.K.

I think unless you more or less run it as a break even hobby project from a cellar in your own house, mortgage free and with a semi decent pension you have sweet FA chance of running a hifi manufacturing business in the U.K.

That will come as a bit of a surprise to Audio Note UK, among others.

Note that I've got a a full Morgana loom with my SN3, HCDR, and Chord qutest. Won't be selling those, maybe ever.

Businesses have a strong habit of reviving phoenix-like from ruin. So you never know if it will return in some guise... or someone will pick up the customer list and technical details (I hesitate to call it intellectual property) and try to make a go of it - could be someone else in the industry could bolt it on to their business.

If the business was asking for cash up front then it is (was!) running under-capitalised anyway.

It could be sold as a 'Going Concern'. and maybe with better organisation and administration and capital injection...the company could continue and maybe prosper.

Have a couple of their cables and wish I’d picked up a few more while I had the chance. Also briefly had a fantastic Newt-upgraded HiCap which I do regret selling on. Sorry to see them go.

I always assumed that WH was an aftermarket cable seller first, electronics second..

And saying that, weren't they basically at the mercy of company/s that manufactured the custom spec cables for them? Those types of businesses usually always cater to highest order profitability first & ongoing continued reliable orders. Perhaps it was always a struggle for WH to build up enough cable sales for them to secure the minimum production allocation tier that helped them remain profitable at their advertised price points.

Back in the day they really helped NAIM dudes for free, having worked for NAIM and giving much advice on pfm.

These days they ignore your emails and blatantly lie to you whilst taking your hard-earned.

I’ve emailed them at least three times asking for a £410 Morgana refund over the last month with my last email referencing Section 75.

This got a response of “sorry I’ve been on holiday for my birthday and my replacement couldn’t keep up with the volume of emails…will you consider cancelling the refund if we get you in the build-queue next week?”.

I wasn’t convinced and still went for the refund, then this news broke

Shame as IMO the product is very good (I have Phantoms and a Morgana XLR) and the price point is fair.

A defunct cable manufacturer.
It should not be rocket science to make cables.
There are lots of other makers out there.

What should be reason,? that others not getting their hands on such type cable drums and make finished products to end user.

It could be sold as a 'Going Concern'. and maybe with better organisation and administration and capital injection...the company could continue and maybe prosper.

The problem is if you have trashed the company's good reputation on the downward spiral it makes it a hard sell to any prospective purchaser.

All a company really has is its name and its current sales and on that basis Witch Hat hasn't got much to sell.

The problem is if you have trashed the company's good reputation on the downward spiral it makes it a hard sell to any prospective purchaser.

All a company really has is its name and its current sales and on that basis Witch Hat hasn't got much to sell.

Fair points Joe ..but they do have an able staff...and some good products...'under new management_ might (I stress the word 'might') turn things around.

advertisement

Back