advertisement

Switch type

GDBD59

pfm Member
I think I have a faulty switch on a diy-build. The markings on it have not allowed me to identify it.
It's a miniature toggle used as the off/on switch. It has nine terminals, 3 rows of 3, all wired.
Power is supplied to middle row.
One position the power is switched to top row.
The other position, power switched to lower row.

I bought a Salecom which looks very similar, but the toggle has 3 positions, an on-off-on.

The existing switch has a flat lever, which matches another on the fascia, so I'd like to keep that style. A flat lever seemed harder to find.

I haven't figured-out how to post pics....

Gary

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/11429041...d=link&campid=5338728743&toolid=20001&mkevt=1

This may be what I need. 3pdt on-on

I can't get pics visible, I tried for ages with a 'for sale' item & failed.
It's a Stereo Coffee. A knock or vibration caused the fault. In the 'off' position the switch is used to feed power from the mains socket to transformer & rectifier to charge the on-board 12V battery. That works.

In the 'on' position power goes to the audio workings of the amp, & that isn't working. I removed the switch, - it dc-tested ok. I rigged up a 5watt bulb & that worked. Reinstated it into the amp, & it doesn't work.

So I'd like to try a new switch, if it doesn't solve it I'll be looking for someone to repair it.

So is the switch type I've linked to the correct one, & does anyone know of a source for a flat-levered one?

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Having had a brief look at the set-up, I'd suggest contacting Chris directly: he could tell you exactly what's required and maybe suggest a source.
Personally, I wouldn't expect a switch like that to fail unless it was seriously abused, and you seem to suggest that it works?

Having had a brief look at the set-up, I'd suggest contacting Chris directly: he could tell you exactly what's required and maybe suggest a source.
Personally, I wouldn't expect a switch like that to fail unless it was seriously abused, and you seem to suggest that it works?

I doubt whether the switches were supplied with the boards, but I have previously emailed Chris & he didn't reply. The switch operating a bulb but not in the amp is surprising me too. But a new one will only be a few pounds, so I'll try it. Before I bought the incorrect new one I have, the only place I saw a flat-levered was Ali-Express, but I'm hoping you chaps can assist getting one in the UK.

What about this one? 3PDT 2 position switch with lever.

https://uk.farnell.com/multicomp/1m31t6b11m1qe/switch-3pdt/dp/9473688?st=3pdt toggle switch

flat_toggle-scaled-2-1-600x600.jpg

advertisement

Back