advertisement

ALL GONE Two stock ethernet switches (BT and TP-Link) - now at shipping costs only

TheFlash

Reiki Audio
UPDATE 2: All done and dusted. Thanks for your interest everyone.

UPDATE: shipping costs only! Two good ethernet switches, each now available FREE except for shipping costs. If you’ve never tried a switch just before your streamer, here’s your cheap-as-chips opportunity to try one.

Along the way, I've had a few people suggest I hear this or that device. I have and I've learned stuff and here I am sitting on a veritable plethora of them. Clearout time then. You might want to try them for yourself. Fishie discounts available, natch. All prices include UK shipping so be gentle.
  • Baaske Medi MI 2005: medical ethernet isolator RRP €99ish. Also on eBay, I can't go much lower than £39
  • Zyxel GS-105B v3: 5-port version of the popular Zyxel GS-108B v3 the board of which graces the EE 8Switch and its Nuprime and Silent Angel siblings. Boxed, excellent. 5v. £12 SOLD
  • TP-Link TL-SF1016D: 16-port 9v switch. £15
  • BT TWS-G108: 8-port 12v switch. £10
All 4 devices £55 UK shipped.
img_1803-3979104813-e1684959905958.jpeg
img_1804-1934149518-e1684959876967.jpeg
img_1806.jpeg
img_1809.jpeg
img_1810.jpeg

Last edited:
Nigel can I ask what the medical isolator is supposed to do and at what part of the chain it sits ?

Someone on the dCS forum said they used one. I was curious as I thought it might be an alternative approach to doing what my switches do so I should be aware of it. In my system, my own switch is clearly better.

Someone on the dCS forum said they used one. I was curious as I thought it might be an alternative approach to doing what my switches do so I should be aware of it. In my system, my own switch is clearly better.

To save us all enormous legwork - and what is your switch now pls. :D

To save us all enormous legwork - and what is your switch now pls. :D
It is of course one of my own :) See sig.
https://www.reikiaudio.com/shop/p/reiki-audio-superswitch-master-el75t
But I'm pretty sure the same would apply with other switches. I bought the Medi thing as part of my "competitor" R&D, as it is a very different approach; I think it's more about protecting equipment from voltage bursts than anything else but it does do this through galvanic isolation so I thought it would be interesting but it took me two mins to decide it wasn't... to these ears in this system and other caveats.

Now available at shipping cost only. PM me your address and I’ll confirm shipping costs (standard delivery - Royal Mail or whatever).

advertisement

Back