advertisement

RIP Tina Turner

Can't say I listen to her music (with or without Ike) but she had real star quality and came across as a good human being.

Whenever I hear her name, I always remember a newspaper photo of her in full Mad Max Thunderdome get-up, beneath which was the caption, "Tina Turner: Buddhist".

Always makes me smile.

RIP Turner Turner

I've red the news... what a sad day for the music. Great woman, great singer and great performer! R.I.P. Tina! We'll miss YOU all.

Like Dean, I was originally attracted to her 60's output. Singles like So Fine and Anything You Wasn't Born With which barely trroubled the charts were in my playlist when I was DJing..but she undoubtedly swept all before her later.
A fabulous woman.
RIP Tina.

RIP, my favourite song was always the ballad on the live album, The River I think it was called. An icon for many of our generation no doubt.

Absolutly outstanding , I grew up with Tina and am a massive fan of her vocals and stage presence , I have view 100 of hours of her performances on Youtube , I won't say sadly missed as I will continue listening with the medea I have , Rock on lady and thanks for all you have done in the music industry.

Martyn Ware has been retweeting a lot of really good tributes to Tina Turner from within the music industry etc, as such his timeline is a good way of reading them curated together (Twitter).

Saw her twice, Murrayfield and Hampden park with several years in between and both performances were stellar

Rgds
Stuart

saw her with Ike and Tina review at Stevenage Locarno, circa 67/8. The strobe lighting was superb. She could certainly get the crowd going, and I recall an opening slow song line of 'I have something on my mind' and a audience member shouted out
'hair' and she looked down at smiled at him.

advertisement

Back