advertisement

Any Moode Pi Users here?

foxwelljsly

Me too, I ate one sour too.
My Moode Pi stopped working yesterday.

The UI appears, but the NAS won’t mount and all settings are unresponsive.

Having tried different boards and sd cards with fresh installs of the current 64 bit release, I can only deduce that the current release of the Moode software is the common point of failure.

Loaded Volumio as a workaround, but I far prefer Moode and would like to go back to it.

Anyone else had this problem?

Bizarrely, my user ID for the Moode forum has recently been deleted and the forum is closed to new members, so I can’t re-register, otherwise I’d pose this question there.

cheers

When you say the NAS won’t mount, are you simply adding it to the library? Or using uPnP? Do you have the correct log-in for the NAS (I know, level 1 stuff, but you never know). Is it set to SMB or NFS? What are the symptoms? A red cross next the the NAS entry in the library?
Strangely I had problems SSHing into the Pi yesterday, but it seems to be fixed now

My Moode Pi stopped working yesterday.

The UI appears, but the NAS won’t mount and all settings are unresponsive.

Having tried different boards and sd cards with fresh installs of the current 64 bit release, I can only deduce that the current release of the Moode software is the common point of failure.

Loaded Volumio as a workaround, but I far prefer Moode and would like to go back to it.

Anyone else had this problem?

Bizarrely, my user ID for the Moode forum has recently been deleted and the forum is closed to new members, so I can’t re-register, otherwise I’d pose this question there.

cheers

Have replied in your other thread :)

Basically - downloaded Moode 64bit last week and installed on RPi4 with no problems at all (then or since)

BUT avoided install via direct link in RPi Imager (had problems previously) !!

Have replied in your other thread :)

Basically - downloaded Moode 64bit last week and installed on RPi4 with no problems at all (then or since)

BUT avoided install via direct link in RPi Imager (had problems previously) !!
That's the problem I've been having. Installing the 64 bit version from an image downloaded from the Moode website via the custom option in Pi Imager isn't working either. Same probelm, which is system just crashes when I try to save any configuration changes.

32 bit version flashed though imager works fine. I wonder if there's a bug with the 64 bit distro which only affects the 3B?

It's all working now. Albeit in 32 Bit. Odd how you can get really attached to a bit of software.

for info

rpi 3b working here with the Moode 64 bit, used the rpi imager tool version, quick boot with ethernet connection, went with user pi passwd:moodeaudio

ronnie

AUDIO DEVICE
  • DeviceE30
  • Mixer nameE30
  • InterfaceUSB
  • FormatsS32_LE, SPECIAL, DSD_U32_BE
  • PlatformPi-3B 1.2 1GB

Last edited:
I tried Moode, it is very good sounding player for Pi's, but I prefer piCoreplayer with "soundcheck" tweaks.

I tried Moode, it is very good sounding player for Pi's, but I prefer piCoreplayer with "soundcheck" tweaks.

Yep the Soundcheck settings tweaks are relatively easy to do, if not rushed.

One thing to make sure, is that the LMS auto update setting is switched off. Otherwise the optimum settings are changed to default when the update happens. I was able to tell, just by the change in sound.

Andrew

advertisement

Back