advertisement

...and the west lectures Russia and China!

The USA being evil does not magically prevent Russia or China from being evil.
Useful context though, when we’re trying to understand what’s going on when the US criticise Russia and China for being evil. I mean it’s not because they don’t like evil is it.

It's hard to understand how anyone can do things like this, i guess the job attracts a special sort of sub human.
The sub human overseeing g it all sits in the Oval Office, (or Downing Street, the Kremlin, the Great Hall of the People).

I suspect because of the (deliberately provocatice ?) thread title.
But surely the title isn’t deliberately provocative so much as asking an important question. What right do we have to label anyone else with labels like “evil” when we commit evil ourselves?

But surely the title isn’t deliberately provocative so much as asking an important question. What right do we have to label anyone else with labels like “evil” when we commit evil ourselves?

I don't know about you, but I don't believe I've done anything evil. Evil is a useless and emotive word. Putin is a psychopath, as is Trump, BJ, and, from what I can tell Xi Jinping, and likely many other world leaders and CEOs.

I don't know about you, but I don't believe I've done anything evil. Evil is a useless and emotive word. Putin is a psychopath, as is Trump, BJ, and, from what I can tell Xi Jinping, and likely many other world leaders and CEOs.
Yes indeed, when I said “we” I meant our governments, and by “our” governments, I obviously meant yours!!!

The film 'Zero Dark Thirty' deals with this, it's a difficult watch.

The response of the US government to the 9/11 attacks was catastrophically bad and incredibly counterproductive. I have lived in the US since the late 1990s and I remember the incredible solidarity that most of the world felt with the US in the days after 9/11 and how this evaporated and flipped as the US government abducted folks around the world and invaded Afghanistan then Iraq.
I remember an interview with the lead singer of Green Day when American Idiot came out and feeling in total agreement - the country had lost its collective mind.

I saw 9/11 happening live (on TV of course) and my first thought was, now the US has felt the pain suffered by other countries, there is hope that they will have some understanding. No hope, of course, for a country who's founding myths include movies like Shane. Good guy rides in, shoots up the bad guys, and rides off, job done. War on terror, eh?

[sarcasm] yeah -serves those nasty, imperialist New Yorkers right !! [/sarcasm]

advertisement

Back