advertisement

[FS] Tron Convergence Signature MM phono stage .

early

pfm Member
I am very reluctantly putting my Tron up for sale , it's by far the best phono stage I've had in my system ( and I've had a few ) .

It's moving magnet only , no adjustments and sounds fantastic . It is in perfect working and cosmetic condition .

I can email pics to anyone who is interested , however it looks just like this -

https://tron-electric.co.uk/convergence/convergence-phono-stage/

Price is £900.00 plus delivery , collection from Ramsbottom , Lancs .

They rarely come up for sale because they really are great phono stages and are very reasonably priced.

I use mine with an EAR MC4 SUT and it saw off some excellent phono stages.

Really looking forward to that, and a smart purchase and a great sale all round there. Just playing my humble 'regular' model here, stunning.

I have this now. I will let the bish comment on his view but I have found it excellent. So impressed I have thought about changing my Leben cs300 for something from Tron. I really wanted the Atlantic you offered on here but really couldn’t justify that kind of outlay on a power amp that I would then need a preamp, headphone amp etc. I suspect GT could upgrade yours to a signature so I suspect his is the advice I’d seek out here. I haven’t heard the standard model so can’t advise on the differences. Good luck.

I have this now. I will let the bish comment on his view but I have found it excellent. So impressed I have thought about changing my Leben cs300 for something from Tron. I really wanted the Atlantic you offered on here but really couldn’t justify that kind of outlay on a power amp that I would then need a preamp, headphone amp etc. I suspect GT could upgrade yours to a signature so I suspect his is the advice I’d seek out here. I haven’t heard the standard model so can’t advise on the differences. Good luck.

I overstretched on the Atlantic tbh but it was great to own and I'm really happy I had the opportunity to have it for a while. I'm in no rush but the signature upgrade will probably happen at some point, even though I'm blissfully happy with the non Sig.
Enjoy it :)

I think if you are happy with the standard the signature will give you a bit more of the same for not a huge outlay then you are done for good. For me I can’t see another move from here.

It was a close run thing - versus the Glenn-modified RIAA-R special, the Tron had a little more delicacy and fine detail, the Croft had a little more slam / impact in my setup, but not much in it. Both very special stages but in the end I opted to stay with the RIAA-R for the fun factor and if I’m honest sentimental reasons. The Tron has a lot to commend it, build quality is superb.

advertisement

Back