advertisement

DIY Interconnect - Rega 'Couple' clone

Robert

Tapehead
Might be useful to anyone interested in making a good interconnect for about £22 a go.

Rega Couple Interconnect clone (these are identical in every way right down to the way they are soldered) using Neutric Profi plugs and Klotz 'La Grange' cable.

They sound just as good as mega buck audiophool cables for a fraction of the cost and have nice low capacitance at 70pf mtre.

Cable can be purchased off the reel here: http://www.studiospares.com/pd_544590_KLOTZ GUITAR CABLE mtr.htm

Neutrik Profi plugs available at good prices here: http://www.thomann.de/gb/neutrik_nf2cb2_chinch.htm

P2040114.jpg

P2040116.jpg

P2040118.jpg

P2040120.jpg

P2040124.jpg

P2040122.jpg

P2040126.jpg

P2040131.jpg

Just thought i'd add this for the new style plugs in addition to Roberts guide though i'm guessing it's much the same thing:
BDA_236-Profi_-_NF2C.jpg

Cheers,

Rack :)

Not sure when, but Klotz appear to have since jumped into the blister pack audiophile interconnect market with AC110 shod with Neutrik ProFi RCAs.

our audiophile high end RCA cable
  • High End Connection Cable
  • Professional RCA connector without disturbing noise while connecting
  • extreme low capacitance 65 pF/m, resp. 19 pF/ft
  • outstanding signalflow and groundbreaking fidelity
  • double screening with conductive layer and copper spiral shield
  • minimum compression
Not exactly cheap at €161.10 for a 0.9m pair (with an unusual jump to 1.5m at €164.24). By way of comparison, Rega's Couple 3 1m Interconnect is £99.00 a pair and has Neutrik Rean RF2C 'Finger Groove' series plugs on.

Studio Spares is showing AC110 off the reel at £2.39/m and Farnell has Neutrik NF2CB/2 (pairs) listed at £16.95. Regardless, the Neutrik Rean brand NYS373-2 plugs at £1.82 each (RS Components) are equally well made and wouldn't make a jot of difference unless one were actually hot-swapping connections.

Last edited:
Last edited:
UPDATE: Studiocare Professional Audio Ltd. have increased the price of their Neutrik ProFi shod AC110 pair to £41.40 inc. vat (£34.50 ex. vat). I haven't checked what the prices of the raw parts have gotten up to, however, keeping in mind Robert's cost per each from back in 2007, one would likely still be hard pressed to DIY a pair for any less than this.

Last edited:

advertisement

Back