advertisement

Warm Sounding Small Speakers

Shane2468

pfm Member
Currently using KEF Cresta 1. They provide a relatively warm sound.

The KEFs are now 23 years old. They still work fine. I'm planning to keep them for back up duties, if they don't sell.

I tend to like speakers that give a sound that is easy on the ear.

Speakers are placed on a desk. Sitting distance is around 6ft away from the speakers.

Amplifier is Cambridge Audio CXA61. These amps are good for the money - fit and forget!

Budget - £250 - £350.

What are your recs?

Thanks for your time.

S.

Maybe something from Q Acoustics that would fit your budget. I have the 3050 floorstanders, and they have a warm tonality.

Andrew

Quad 11L Classic - even-handed, easy on the ear (IMHO).

Absolutely. Superb little speakers and ever so nice to listen to. No harshness. It's important though to go for the Classic not the other, older versions as tweeter refinements were part of the improvements. Lovely real wood veneer and solid/heavy build.

I've a pair of Totem Kin Mini speakers which are absolutely tiny don't know if they're 'warm' sounding, whatever that means' but for the money and the size they're fantastic speakers, the Totem Flex speaker is better though but a bit larger (longer) and sounds great, both are hard to find though.

Can you define 'warm'. I asked this question on another site, and got 300 different answers! ;)

For the record (sorry) I use Usher loudspeakers, the very tall floor standers. They have two paper/carbon fibre coned bass/midrange units and a soft domed tweeter each side. They must (and do) duty for listening to vinyl and TV (via a DacMagic 100.). They perform well for both. But I do like paper cones (and not quacky Bextrene ones or plastic tweeters).

Can you define 'warm'. I asked this question on another site, and got 300 different answers! ;)

For the record (sorry) I use Usher loudspeakers, the very tall floor standers. They have two paper/carbon fibre coned bass/midrange units and a soft domed tweeters. They must (and do) duty for listening to vinyl and TV (via a DacMagic 100.). They perform well for both. But I do like paper cones (and not quacky Bextrene ones or plastic tweeters).

To me 'warm' means bass or 'muddy' ie very little midrange.

Suppose it depends on the music that one listen's to.

OP started this thread below, confused? You will be:D

https://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/threads/kef-cresta-1.278054/

I can highly recommend Chario Syntar 100. Although I'm only using mine for TV duties now they sounded fantastic in a previous incarnation of my hifi system. Warm, rich tone, typical of many Italian designs. Bass is surprisingly good from the downwards firing driver. I honestly wouldn't part with mine

advertisement

Back