advertisement

Tory leadership failure Part V: Rishi ‘Infosys’ Sunak

Wasn't really sure where to put this, it's absolutely bonkers. This thread'll do.

https://twitter.com/JAHeale/status/1635595466405564417

It seems we have the Budget / Cheltenham Festival eclipse viewable from the UK tomorrow. I wonder if the Tories will kick off, like they did in the video, this time?

That is wonderful!

Enjoyed Lord Donoughue explaining that this just proves the Treasury is out of touch with ordinary people ...who were planning to sack off work for a week and blow a pile of cash betting on the gee-gees.

(I see Lord Donoughue is still with us, a pro fox hunting member of the Countryside Alliance and a trustee of a Tufton St climate change denialist think tank. Silly old fool.)

All the nutters, e.g. Britain Trump, Truss and the ERG voting against Sunak’s ‘Windsor Framework’. Might even have failed to get through without the Labour lapdog.

All the nutters, e.g. Britain Trump, Truss and the ERG voting against Sunak’s ‘Windsor Framework’. Might even have failed to get through without the Labour lapdog.
The division that it fosters and nurtures in the tories does sort of qualify for multidimensional chess, though, maybe 1.2D.
Plus they get to look more sensible than the nutters and as though they are putting the country first, not a look seen much recently, so therefore having some novelty.

It is of course entirely coincidental that Bozo has made a huge deal of announcing he will be voting against the NI deal rather than abstaining, on the same day he faces questioning about his serial lying.

It is of course entirely coincidental that Bozo has made a huge deal of announcing he will be voting against the NI deal rather than abstaining, on the same day he faces questioning about his serial lying.

Some suggestions that it is a temper tantrum/Bullingdon bullying as Sunak hasn’t rallied the party to back his lies and criminality.

Even if found guilty of misleading the house I bet his punishment will fall far short of being suspended long enough to necessitate a by-election. The whole thing is just media posturing within a fundamentally corrupt political party. Johnson will never be held to real account for his actions. He was born far too rich and privileged for that.

Some suggestions that it is a temper tantrum/Bullingdon bullying as Sunak hasn’t rallied the party to back his lies and criminality.

Even if found guilty of misleading the house I bet his punishment will fall far short of being suspended long enough to necessitate a by-election. The whole thing is just media posturing within a fundamentally corrupt political party. Johnson will never be held to real account for his actions. He was born far too rich and privileged for that.
None of them ever are ever held to account.

https://twitter.com/NesrineMalik/status/1638243741084315657?s=20

Good points from Jessica Simor KC (Twitter). This is another indicator just how far the Conservative Party has fallen from basic decency.

PS Worth noting that Britain Trump removed the whip from any Tory MPs standing against his popularist Brexit idiocy.

Even if found guilty of misleading the house I bet his punishment will fall far short of being suspended long enough to necessitate a by-election… Johnson will never be held to real account for his actions. He was born far too rich and privileged for that.

Aye maybe, but I’ve got the popcorn in any case and looking forward to 2pm.

Jh2IGQR.png

Anyone with a half decent accountant would do the same IMHO. How much has Murphy put in the coffers?
How is that relevant? The question that Murphy raises is about ‘tax injustice’. Are you accusing Murphy of being involved in tax injustice?

Tory have a majority of 66. It was passed with just 29 no votes. So some sanity is reappearing. It might suite some to to keep raging but we are slowly getting back to some sort of sanity. The indulgence of the extremes these last years has been quite a wake up call.

Anyone with a half decent accountant would do the same IMHO. How much has Murphy put in the coffers?

I think that misses the point. Murphy doesn't hold a senior position of public office. He's a chartered accountant, blogger and ex-distributor of board games.

The call for senior politicians in the UK to make their financial affairs public came following the Panama Papers and is simply about transparency.

If anyone feels that's an invasion of privacy they're free not to run for Prime Minister.

But as they're so fond of telling the rest of us - if they've nothing to hide, what do they have to be afraid of?

I think that misses the point. Murphy doesn't hold a senior position of public office. He's a chartered accountant, blogger and ex-distributor of board games.

The call for senior politicians in the UK to make their financial affairs public came following the Panama Papers and is simply about transparency.

If anyone feels that's an invasion of privacy they're free not to run for Prime Minister.

But as they're so fond of telling the rest of us - if they've nothing to hide, what do they have to be afraid of?

Murphy seems more of a political commentator above anything else. As an accountant, he’d be fired if he didn’t advise clients to do similar. It’s hypocrisy.

advertisement

Back