advertisement

Met Police officer David Carrick admits to being serial rapist

re post#120 above. Given that officers were prepared to lie up to the point of trial until proved wrong I doubt the "thin blue line" would have second thoughts about stealing and destroying a camera or phone if it was't livestreaming. Probably earn the owner a few extra kicks.
I know many officers are good and join to do good but having been on the receiving end of unjustifiable police violence and being arrested for a crime I didn't and couldn't have committed, on the basis of zero evidence almost 50 years ago, I have little sympathy with the organisation. My work investigating financial frauds in my 30s and early 40s led to the inescapable conclusion that most (not all) police are lazy and/or incompetent.

Absolutely astonishing that some pundits are trying to blame the state of the Met on "gender ideology":

https://twitter.com/HadleyFreeman/status/1638112191751528449

Yeah, that's right Hadley, the Met's real problem is that it's too woke.

Jesus Christ, give me effin' strength - the absolute state of the UK's supposedly liberal commentariat.

Nothing surprises me about middle class feminism. Thatcher should have taught her that men aren't aways the problem. Gaby Hinsliff makes a much better fist of it

Remember the Casey review next time Suella Braverman talks about ‘woke’ policing in the Met

The countless victims of the Metropolitan police’s grotesque failures need radical reform unimaginable to this broken force

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...a-braverman-woke-metropolitan-police-failures

Good reporting, we need much more and we need the journalists investigating and exposing wrongdoing, most seem happy to collude in the cover-up.

Ahh yes, gender ideology is to blame: Time to wheel out Shroedinger’s Trans who is simultaneously bringing about the downfall of society by being gay and doing crimes by biohacking our endocrine systems and modifying our bodies and having lewd fun with them while simultaneously being weak widdle snowflakes unworthy of love and respect.

Did you know we have a secret Soros-funded Dr Evil island somewhere in the Bahamas with a gender factory making hormones to add to the water supply to make your children all gay AF?

‘The Met being too woke’ in other words means “time for a British Gestapo” just say the quiet bit out loud. The Arc of England’s fall is getting predictable.

Last edited:
Defund the Met. Owen Jones so bang on the feckin’ money.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/mar/23/met-police-uk-radical-alternatives-policing

“only a tiny proportion of crime is actually solved by police officers. In 2021, for example, 19 out of every 20 burglaries and violent offences went unsolved in England and Wales, as did 98.7% of rape.”

“the starting point for solving social harms committed by mostly poor people should always be the police. Those challenging this mantra are dismissed as completely divorced from reality. But there is nothing naive about acknowledging that one model has manifestly failed, and looking for other answers – such as rolling back the very frontiers of policing.”

The Metropolitan police commissioner has “potentially missed his moment” to radically overhaul Britain’s largest police service by refusing to acknowledge there is institutional racism, sexism and homophobia within its ranks, according to Dame Louise Casey.

Speaking of her experience of being embedded in the Met for a year with her team of 10, Casey said there were high levels of “delusion” within the force.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/mar/25/met-police-chief-mark-rowley-louise-casey-report

I can't find the link now but there was an officer somewhere else in the country disciplined for misuse of the police national computer. But it was in pursuit of identifying a woman and then following her on social media. He kept his job. I'd have thought the behavioural link to 'stalking' was fairly obvious and that alone makes him unsuitable to continue as an officer. I really do have to wonder what the disciplinary panel were thinking.

Anyways, I'm reading Baroness Casey's report. All of it.

Police in England and Wales ‘evading public scrutiny’ by deleting misconduct outcomes from websites
Observer investigation finds case of Met officer and serial rapist David Carrick among dozens removed from police websites

"The Police (Conduct) Regulations were introduced in 2020 to help forces act with “honesty and integrity”, according to the National Police Chiefs’ Council, in part by improving the transparency of misconduct hearings.

The law specifically calls on forces to publicise the results of misconduct hearings “as soon as practicable after the officer has been notified of the outcome of the proceedings”.

But analysis of the misconduct cases listed at every police force in England and Wales since December found that the records at 72% of forces were incomplete. Many were missing more than half or all of the misconduct outcomes."

The Metropolitan police was one of the worst offenders.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...d-wales-deleting-outcomes-misconduct-hearings

“Gray said the force was reviewing every past claim of domestic abuse or sexual offence against Met officers and staff, and said the force was looking into about 1,000 of its 45,000 employees.”

That’s 1 in 45 of it’s staff. Or 1 in 22 of it’s male staff, as about 50% are female.

When 1 in 22 of your male staff are subject to a claim of domestic or sexual abuse you probably need to think about who you are attracting.

So, next time you see the scum from the TSG stamping on a protesters head, try to guess if they’re a rapist or a wife beater.
Poor record of an organisation that should be double in numbers of police officers working in stressful and often awful situations from the wonderful population of this country, hands tied, correctness and no backing from the courts, how many of us could go home a happy bunny after working in that situation everyday.

Police strip-searched children as young as eight

Children as young as eight are being strip-searched by the police, according to a report showing "deeply concerning" and "widespread" failures.

It also found black children were up to six times more likely to be searched than the overall child population.

The report by Children's Commissioner Dame Rachel de Souza showed 2,847 children were strip-searched in England and Wales from 2018 to mid-2022.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65081765

A very concerning report, containing several issues that need to be addressed. Interesting that 49% half searched ended up with further action being taken. I wonder what that action was.

advertisement

Back