advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect (2023 ‘Epic Fail’ box set edition)

Loved the photo above the caption “Hardline Tory MPs”

ohwnCL8.jpg

They don’t come any harder than Iron Guts.

The comment 'The ERG have 'studied the document', makes me wonder which braincell in particular they pulled from themselves to perform said study - this is always assuming there actually is one somewhere in there?

JRM:

"I think [the committee] makes kangaroo courts look respectable.

I think Harriet Harman’s position is absurd ... that after Chris Bryant recused himself, quite rightly, she should not possibly have taken on the role when she’d expressed her view clearly beforehand.

Whatever happens in the privileges committee, he will win in the court of public opinion."

JRM:

I think Harriet Harman’s position is absurd ... that after Chris Bryant recused himself, quite rightly, she should not possibly have taken on the role when she’d expressed her view clearly beforehand.

Whatever happens in the privileges committee, he will win in the court of public opinion."
The Haunted Pencil writes, and having writ, moves on...

JRM:

I also heard him on The World at One, saying that describing the Standards Committee as a kangaroo court was 'unfair to marsupials'.

He speaks like a precocious smart-arse eleven year-old.

I suspect that he spoke like that at the age of eleven and hasn't changed. Kids who do that either get bullied, or become the bullies. I've a fair idea I know which way it went with Rees-Mogg because his snide, verbal tactics just seem second nature to him, which suggests long practice. His description of concerns about Ministers bullying as 'snowflakey' is a typical bully's response to being called out.

I also heard him on The World at One, saying that describing the Standards Committee as a kangaroo court was 'unfair to marsupials'.

He speaks like a precocious smart-arse eleven year-old.

I suspect that he spoke like that at the age of eleven and hasn't changed. Kids who do that either get bullied, or become the bullies. I've a fair idea I know which way it went with Rees-Mogg because his snide, verbal tactics just seem second nature to him, which suggests long practice. His description of concerns about Ministers bullying as 'snowflakey' is a typical bully's response to being called out.

And clear contempt of Parliament.

advertisement

Back