advertisement

Gary Lineker vs. BBC

I remember the good old bad old days when no one in their right mind could imagine anything worse as Home Secretary than Theresa May.

I remember a much vilified David Cameron with a whole new perspective.
2015 when the UK was generally respected and there were reasons for optimism. Seems such a long time ago...

Maybe the BBC are looking at their employees the way the Police look at theirs…..24/7 you must be above reproach at all times.

Answerable for all of your actions whether working or not.

I remember a much vilified David Cameron with a whole new perspective.
2015 when the UK was generally respected and there were reasons for optimism. Seems such a long time ago...
Austerity and the hostile environment were catastrophic in themselves but were also always going to lead the country further down the shitter. Writing was on the wall for the U.K. in 2008 when the only response to the financial crash was to prop up the banks. 15 years later and still no response beyond persecuting minorities and stripping assets so there’s worse to come.

:)

BBC-1 Lineker-0
Enough said.
Unless someone has said it before.

Run that by me again.
c0304.gif

Maybe the BBC are looking at their employees the way the Police look at theirs…..24/7 you must be above reproach at all times.
It will certainly be nice if the police manage to do that. I’m not sure there’s much evidence the BBC is doing much more than pay lip service to any ideals of impartiality. But you seem to think the BBC came out ahead from the Lineker affair. On what basis?

Couple things. Nobody can be watched 24-7, but Police officers are answerable for everything they do, 24-7. As such any comments, texts, actions are all answerable. And no I don't think that the BBC came out on top, not by any stretch of the imagination…that one was called…humour…since there is actually a BBC1 and it looks like a football score, it wouldn't work the other way around as there is no BBC-0.

Couple things. Nobody can be watched 24-7, but Police officers are answerable for everything they do, 24-7. As such any comments, texts, actions are all answerable. And no I don't think that the BBC came out on top, not by any stretch of the imagination…that one was called…humour…since there is actually a BBC1 and it looks like a football score, it wouldn't work the other way around as there is no BBC-0.
Lol

Exactly. They are answerable, it's just that the questions haven't been asked anywhere near enough.
No,often they are answerable only when independent evidence recieves sufficient publicity for there to be a perception needed that something is being done.
And even then, sanctions are often so weak or none existent that no confidence can exist in the process.

I generally don't wander into politics, religion or sport but this sorta hit all three in one go. That don't happen very often, its like the perfect storm!

advertisement

Back