advertisement

The Cinematic Orchestra

tiggers

pfm Member
Been listening to To Believe by these guys a good bit over the last few days and it's really grown on me. Anyone on here a fan? Is their earlier output worth a go? Any recommendations?

TIA

I think their first album 'Motion' is good, a particularly strong track is 'Channel 1 Suite'.

'Every Day' put them on the map though, 'All things to all men' with Roots Manuva being the obvious stand out, but there are many others.

I haven't listened to much of the later material.

I have 'Live at the Albert Hall' as well and that was a really big deal for them, I think the first band of its type (on such a small label) that had played there. I think you had to be there though.

Inclined to agree that Every Day and Motion preferable to later stuff. Every Day was my system check album for quite a while, maybe need to put it on again, it's been a while.

I think I saw them live at the Barbican. Got all their material, most on LP, excellent.

Going off on tangents….

Sensa & Haste - The Place

Les Gammas - Guauanco (The Cinematic Orchestra Remix)

In a bizarre twist of fate I got into Ma Fleur (brilliant album) only to find out the leader of the Cinematic Orchestra Jason was my best friend at junior school who moved away when we were about 12 and I never saw him again.

Our lives took very different paths as I sit here pushing numbers round a spreadsheet in an office building!

advertisement

Back