advertisement

All purpose football thread 2022/23 Season

Seagulls winning but they should be in double figures but they are a few steps up in the leagues. Grimsby should be proud , **** another one.

Normally I would be backing the underdog, not today though.

5-0 was a bit harsh on Grimsby today.

We're going to Wembley!

I don't think i've ever seen anything quite like what happened with Fulham today, every card was deserved and yet it was all so unnecessary. Man United will have to play a whole lot better than they did today, Brighton will put them to the sword if they don't. As for Man City, a bye to the final after what they did to Burnley, because as good a match the Sheff United vs Blackburn was, City's second string will breeze past them in the semi.

Sean Dyche, he does what he does so well, but Chelsea should have had the match sewn up before the final equalizer. I still don't understand after all of the purchases that we made in January, why Potter didn't try and buy Trossard, he would have fitted in at Chelsea nicely i think.

Trossard fits in quite nicely here thanks.

On the presumption that Man City win every game, Arsenal need to too, apart from City obviously. Can someone help us please, starting with Liverpool.

The international break is at a bad time for City, who have suddenly hit a two-game streak of heavy goal scoring. As I said after Leipzig, if you feed Haaland, he is deadly, and the last two opponents have failed to stop the supply in the way that some PL teams have been able to. Foden's return to form has been key because KDB has been too depended upon, and he has not been at his best, especially when called upon several times a week.
The game against Burnley was something we have seen many times - they pressed like crazy for half an hour, shutting down passing lanes and preventing any build-up in our play. As energy levels dipped, City took them apart and in Haaland and Alvarez, we have two goalscorers who can punish anyone. Alvarez now has 12 goals and 5 assists in 15 starts and is a big talent, it's just that he has been overshadowed by Erling. I am glad that he has just signed an extension because his own performances have been excellent in his first English season.
I think this is Arsenal's season, as their consistency has been phenomenal, but the business end of the season can see many twists and turns. If City don't win the league then for Zin, Jesus, and Arteta, I hope they do.

Was good to see a ref not accept dissent at Old Trafford yesterday. I know the bandwagon will be UTD favouritism etc, but in that manic moment the ref did the right thing, on all three occasions. I hope he is supported for doing so.

Was good to see a ref not accept dissent at Old Trafford yesterday. I know the bandwagon will be UTD favouritism etc, but in that manic moment the ref did the right thing, on all three occasions. I hope he is supported for doing so.
Agree.

A pity dissent from goofy for large parts of every match manure play is allowed to go on without sanction.

The international break is at a bad time for City, who have suddenly hit a two-game streak of heavy goal scoring. As I said after Leipzig, if you feed Haaland, he is deadly, and the last two opponents have failed to stop the supply in the way that some PL teams have been able to. Foden's return to form has been key because KDB has been too depended upon, and he has not been at his best, especially when called upon several times a week.
The game against Burnley was something we have seen many times - they pressed like crazy for half an hour, shutting down passing lanes and preventing any build-up in our play. As energy levels dipped, City took them apart and in Haaland and Alvarez, we have two goalscorers who can punish anyone. Alvarez now has 12 goals and 5 assists in 15 starts and is a big talent, it's just that he has been overshadowed by Erling. I am glad that he has just signed an extension because his own performances have been excellent in his first English season.
I think this is Arsenal's season, as their consistency has been phenomenal, but the business end of the season can see many twists and turns. If City don't win the league then for Zin, Jesus, and Arteta, I hope they do.

Think City will catch us- the Haaland fella is not human, however it has been a great season thus far for The Arse and they are a young team........

advertisement

Back