advertisement

Today I have mainly been v3

Scouring the city’s kitchenware shops for a new Parmesan grater - the one with the handle-driven cylindrical tube - after ours finally died. No luck, so will have to fall back on Anamoz. But at least we tried.

3 Negronis

20230319-163718.jpg

few bloodies

20230319-163348.jpg

about 80 people including kids on a great weekend away with our community group in a lovely conference centre in Weston Rhyn . up early for a walk around the lake . then breakfast chatting with many of them . lovely to see the dads cradling the babies and various children with special needs including an absolutely lovely downs syndrome girl who is quite delightful . Takes a lot of organisation to put this event together but so refreshing . Each of the people have some amazing stories

One incredible guy [ the father of the downs syndrome girl] has a young disabled daughter who often breaks bones and they spent half the night in cas this week with another broken bone . she has hands the size of a 5 year old yet is 3 times that in age. to see the care and devotion of the family looking after this tiny teenager confined to a wheelchair is very very inspiring .

Sadly back to the smoke now with roads rammed as its pre Ramadan shopping !!

Recovering from the second all day session within 4 days (Cheltenham then a 6 nations super Saturday gathering in Oxford). Had to stop over because of train strike so was a late one. Sluggish today, time for detox me thinks. Roast chicken tonight should sort me out.

I cut the lawn, counted the fish in the pond (first outing for them as a collective, they spend the winter hiding behind the clump of irises, spring must be springing) and feed the water lilies.

I was really avoiding doing any weeding...

Highlight for tomorrow, one year's review with the cardiologist. Hopefully less medication.

A mandolin can be unforgiving for the cavalier - Rick Stein famously sliced himself on telly - but look what they can do in the right hands. @Joe produced this magnificent dessert.

I have spent a fair amount of today getting ready for the arrival of a couple of semi-feral rescue kittens next weekend. I discovered that kitten accessories are only slightly less expensive than hi-fi accessories. That during the 20 or so years since the last time I welcomed kittens into my home, the range of items for them has increased exponentially. What happened to kittens being happy with a ball of wool and a battered ping pong ball?

I have spent a fair amount of today getting ready for the arrival of a couple of semi-feral rescue kittens next weekend. I discovered that kitten accessories are only slightly less expensive than hi-fi accessories. That during the 20 or so years since the last time I welcomed kittens into my home, the range of items for them has increased exponentially. What happened to kittens being happy with a ball of wool and a battered ping pong ball?

kittens turn into

20230316_104701 by uh_simon, on Flickr

at 12 weeks old they joined us. They completely wrecked the scratching post we got from Pets at Home with 10 days....we quickly had to reevaluate the toys..

We have a kitten toy, unused - PM me your address and I'll send it to you.....

advertisement

Back