advertisement

Rugby Six Nations 2023

that was very very competitive:)
Blimey.
Bracing myself now for a weekend's wife gloating (she's a scot) with E vs I to come.
I think the cocktail hour might move forward a tad.

that was very very competitive:)
Blimey.
Bracing myself now for a weekend's wife gloating (she's a scot) with E vs I to come.
I think the cocktail hour might move forward a tad.

I’m kinda OK this year as Mrs Wb is Welsh. But hoping to see something from England today, even if not a win.

I’m kinda OK this year as Mrs Wb is Welsh. But hoping to see something from England today, even if not a win.
That was a wrong decisiuon. he had no chance to avoid contact and there was no intent. Yellow? fine ok, but red lost the game. Bad day. TMO's are way too inluential and the game is losing its way under a welter of safety regulations. I admire the hunt for player protection but there must be some way to allow a physical game to flow whilst keeping players injury free.

Congratulations to Ireland! I’m going to London Irish tomorrow morning, coaching two junior teams - let’s see if we can reset the balance a bit…. :cool:

Bit late, now. Glad he can play again immediately though. I couldn't see how he could have done much to change the course of events, at the time.

Yup, one of the best tournaments of recent years. Possibly the best 6 Nations of all.

Would have been a fitting climax for the Ireland-England game to have gone to the wire.

Hey-ho. Congratulations to Ireland who deserved the title regardless.

Bit late, now. Glad he can play again immediately though. I couldn't see how he could have done much to change the course of events, at the time.

It is but I can't help but think we might have won that match with a full squad based on how it was playing out.

Got to think that if they are now so worried about head injuries that a player can be carded for a reflex reaction..... surely its time to institute mandatory protective head-gear?

Got to think that if they are now so worried about head injuries that a player can be carded for a reflex reaction..... surely its time to institute mandatory protective head-gear?
Protective headgear does not reduce the g forces the brain experiences. It just makes tacklers more reckless as they feel safer.

Protective headgear does not reduce the g forces the brain experiences. It just makes tacklers more reckless as they feel safer.

Quite, unless headgear is something like a motorcycle helmet, and that’s not going to work unless we abandon Rugby and adopt American Football.

advertisement

Back