advertisement

Chord 2qute a good second hand buy?

Don't dismiss the Chord Mojo 2. You can have this new for £500. No PSU to worry about as it is battery operated. You can also adjust the o/p level.

Which leads me onto the Chord 2qute, would these be a good buy around 8 years after release?

Good buy if it's £300.
Fair buy if around £400.
Poor buy if above £500.
If you haven't tried a Chord, you will likely prefer it to the Cambridge Audio you have now.

Good buy if it's £300.
Fair buy if around £400.
Poor buy if above £500.
If you haven't tried a Chord, you will likely prefer it to the Cambridge Audio you have now.

What would constitute as a good buy for around £500 as that is the price I've seen these at?

There is a plethora of Chinese DAC's competing and they seem to multiply in an alarming fashion. Most/all are based on ESS or AKM off the shelf chips. Nothing wrong with that and all my integrated amplifiers have one or the other of these, used to very good effect.

Obviously Chord has a different approach and it seems to work. I recently got a Mojo and it sounds fabulous.

So +1 for a Chord DAC.

The 2qute is still a good buy. It's not very different to a qutest at £1400 now. The RME is over 1k on the streets too. I'd suggest that is why the used prices are holding up...

I ran mine with a Teddy Pardo p/s btw...

I bought a Gustard dac here for 300, its bloody marvellous.

I also have SMSL dac I got here for a hundy, also very good.

In case any use, I own the RME-ADI2 and use its features (headamp and preamp, EQ) in the bedroom. As a straight dac I marginally prefer the 2Qute.

I've just received my Wiim pro and was excited to connect to a brand new Cambridge d200m but the sound from the Cambridge I don't like it just sounds dull! So I'm looking for a new Dac for around £500. There seems to be a plethora of chifi dacs around, any experience with these? Which leads me onto the Chord 2qute, would these be a good buy around 8 years after release? Reliability and sound quality wise?
Chord option is a sound idea

advertisement

Back