advertisement

Gary Lineker vs. BBC

Now George Osborne is not my favourite, but it is not common to call him out as a lefty, unless you are right of, yeah, well, you know, but he has said
"Personally I think some of the language used on immigration by some Conservatives - not all - is not acceptable," so presumably can expect Suella and Lucy to be having a word?

Last edited:
Nice to see the England rugby teams also downed tools in support of Links !!.... Lost 53 - 10 to France ! Sorry if already stated

Irrelevant, yet you still felt compelled to comment.

The statistics in this case tell you that in 2017 Corbyn was, despite what the revisionists say, widely popular. I was answering a point raised by another poster, and whether it gains your approbation or otherwise, I will remain on this thread; unless you’re calling the shots around here now?
By your logic so was May.

It’s irrelevant to this thread but I have no power on here.

Sharp’s appointment reminds me of Trump’s Ambassador to the EU. A flyover state budget hotel chain owner who donated $1m to Trump and in return got the job he was uniquely unqualified for- Chauncey the gardener. Sharp is far more sly and organised but he got the job for the same reasons and is unqualified to hold it.

- the Gerritdun fraternity are out and about. As someone said, “their genes look like they all came from within a three mile radius”.

W6eBbkY.jpg

Carol Vorderman, who has proven rather good at speaking truth to power lately, commenting on the Orwell statue outside the BBC (Twitter).

IIRC she is another who was once a Tory activist, but has since figured out what they are. She’s certainly no time for the current sack of crooks, bigots and ghouls.

I`ve long been an Orwell fan. I have a book of his wartime radio scripts of his broadcasts to India on the BBC overseas service, fascinating.

The wartime BBC premises in Oxford street, now converted into luxury flats at the back is called Orwell Mansions.

think the sound has broken on the tele, possibly, watching MOD on Iplayer thing and silent and bizarrely no evidence of studio presenters. or have I missed something

His comparison was with the language used by Braverman and others as they seek to demonise asylum seekers. He did not refer to later Nazi policies, but to the language they used on the road to those policies. It was not at all historically illiterate and all that was required for such language to lead to those policies was the type of denial you are displaying here.
You're going to have to do a lot better than that if you want to compare Braverman to Hitler and not look ridiculous.

The Nazis had Dachau open in March 1933 for people like Lineker. I don't see how you can say 'but their racist language was relatively mild so it's fair to use them for a comparison' with the British government' with a straight face.

You're going to have to do a lot better than that if you want to compare Braverman to Hitler and not look ridiculous.

I would if I did, but I don't. Your attempt to deliberately conflate what was actually said with that nonsense reflects poorly on you.

The Nazis had Dachau open in March 1933 for people like Lineker. I don't see how you can say 'but their racist language was relatively mild so it's fair to use them for a comparison' with the British government' with a straight face.

Another rather bizarre attempt to defend the indefensible. You know what Dachau was then and what it became. None of which has anything to do with the comments of Lineker. Braverman knew who she was playing to with her deliberately couched comments and rather stupid exaggerations. Seems to include you.

Well you don’t seem to have a grasp of the facts.
He's not in discussion with HMRC about a substantial amount of unpaid tax that hinges on whether he is effectively an employee of the BBC? That changes everything.

You might want to make some effort to introduce argument. This place is like a toxic echo chamber.

(I have no problem with Lineker making political comments, he's a moron, they have no value. I have a problem with being forced to pay for him. I see no point in the BBC showing snippets of football matches to a small audience interspersed with inane commentary. Sky Sport costs a similar amount as the licence fee, if the BBC were funded voluntarily everybody who liked football could afford to watch unlimited amounts at the cost of losing access to Strictly and Countryfile. The rest of us could buy some records.)

Horrific, Guinness in a Carling glass?

Richard... I think you'll find they're discussing Snell's law here, calculating the refractive index of Carling, this is the type of thing that goes on at Mensa meetings for those that don't know.
The noxious portrait behind them has been Photo-shopped in to discredit their intelligence.

advertisement

Back