advertisement

Photo Theme 311: Metal - closes midnight UTC Friday 31 March

Jamie

pfm Member
Hello good people of PFM. Having (unexpectantly) won Theme 310, it is my 'honour' to set the next one. I racked my brain for something original, only to find it is already on the list. So...like last time I won, coming from an Engineering background, I have chosen another appropriate theme: Metal. Submit one photo to be taken between 1 March and midnight 31 March 2023. Max dimensions 1000px (W) x 800px (H) per photo, to be displayed in line please, rather than linked.

All are welcome, I did not use any fancy gear, just the camera on my £300 OnePlus Nord CE phone, so please have a go!

I will continue the method of judging that Tim introduced last time round (and it takes the pressure off me...): Voting: Those that enter this challenge with an eligible submission are eligible to send their choice of the winner to me via pm within 48 hours of the closing time. I will tally the votes and announce the winner. In the case of a tie or zero votes, I will make the deciding vote. You can vote for yourself. It will be a secret ballot. Feel free to like as many entries as you want.

Themes so far have been:
4 Legged; A Sense of Scale; Abandoned. A Small Joy; Abstract; After Dark; Age; Album cover; All My Own Work; Angles; Animals; Another Fine Mess; Anticipation; Anything Goes; Arboreal; Arches; Asymmetric; At the Market; At the water's edge; Athletic; Atmosphere; Autumn; Autumnal; Back to Basics; Bath; Beautiful Evidence; Beer; Before & After; Behind the door; Below; Black & White; Bleak; Bliss; Bloom; Bokeh; Bricks & Stone; Building; Candid; Car(s); Changing Seasons; Character; Charm; Chill; Christmas is Coming; Close to home; Close up; Coast; Cold; Cold February; Comfort; Commerce; Communication; Complex; Constant Variable; Construction; Contrast; Corner - or around it; Crowded; Curves; Cycle; Darlin' Companion; Decay; Deep; Desolate; Discontinuous; Distant; Distorted; Disproportionate; Doors; Dominant Colour; Dream; Emergency Services; Empty; Enterprise; Escapism; Evening; Eye; Faces Everywhere; Family; Favourite thing; Feet; Feet in the Picture; Feminine; Festive spirit; Fill the frame; Fish out of Water; Flow; Folded; Food; Food of Love; For the Record; Frame It; Freedom; From Above; Fruit; Gesture; Glass; Go; Goodness Gracious Me!; Grain; Grand Day Out; Great Balls of Fire; Green; Grey; Hands; Hardware; Here comes the sun; Heritage; Hidden; High or Low; Highlight; Highly Strung; Holidays; Hope; Horsepower; Humour; Implementation; Impression(ist); Incongruous; Independence; Indulgence; Industrial; Infrastructure; Inside; Interaction; Interstitial; Intertwine; Isolation; Junk; Kaleidoscope of Colours; Labour; Large!; Lawlessness / Disobedience; Leisure; Less Is More; Light; Light Relief, Indoors; Line; Lines; Links; Long Exposure; Look Up or Look Down; Looking Out; Lots of Colour; Low light; Lunch; Lush; Marching into Spring (or Springing into March); Massive; Mechanical; Minimal; Missing; Modern Life Is Rubbish; Modern World; Morning; Mother nature; Motion; Movement; Movement 2; Moving Still; My favourite Beauty Spot; Naked; Natural World; Neon; New beginning; Night; Noise; Non-linear; Numbers; Numerous; Objets Trouvés; Old & New; On forever's very now we stand; On Two Wheels; On your doorstep; Oops; Open; Open - Anything Goes; Open - any subject or style; Orange; Out & About; Out with the old, in with the new; Outside; Park life; Parking; Paths; Patience; Pause; Polly Wants A Cracker; Portal; Portrait; Portrait: Green in black and white; Power; Reasons To Be Cheerful; Recreation; Red; Reflect; Reflection; Relaxing; Remote; Retail; Rhythm; Rock; Rubbish; Rust; Rustic; Sand, Sea or Sky; Scorch; Set; Shadows; Shadows/ the spaces in between; Shapes Everywhere; Sharp; Shopping Madness; Signs; Silhouettes; Simple; Simplicity; Single Colour; Sliding; Small; Smooth; Song Titles; Space; Sparkling; Speed; Sphere of Influence; Sporting Action; Spring; Spring Has Sprung; Square; Static; Steel; Still Life; Straight out of camera! Round; Stranger; Street; Sunlight; Symmetry; Talking Heads; Technology; Tension; Texture; Texture / Dominant Colour; The eyes have it; Revolution; The Facility; The Golden Hour; The Great Outdoors; The last days of Summer; The Look of Love; The Road and the Sky; Thirds; Three; Time; Tiny; Tomorrow (diptych - abandoned); Tools; Top to Bottom; Tranquillity; Translucent; Transport; Triangle; Two of; Uncovered; Urban Decay; Unruly/disobedient; Up; Up Close; Up My Street; Upside Down; Urban; Vanishing Point; Vertical; Voluptuous; Walls; Warm; Water; Weather; Wet Wet Wet; White noise; Wildlife; Wind; Window; Wings; Winterval; Wish You Were Here; Wood; Work; Work, Rest or Play; Xmas Excess; Yellow; Yes; Your neighbourhood.

Good luck all.

52736845458_cd0e8a0207_c.jpg

An excellent selection so far, not seen so many early entries before. Thanks all, keep them coming!

Last edited:
Less than a week to go, so bumping up the list.
Some great snaps so far, anyone for any more?

Thanks for all the contributions people. Please can you now cast your votes (secret ballot, please PM me!) and I will compile a table.

@antinchip has already chipped in with his (thanks), and I will chase up any others later over the weekend.

advertisement

Back