advertisement

HS2 - levelling up... LOL

The train due to leave from platform 1 will now be late by 5 years, but it could save you 20 minutes travel time. If we don’t get more delays.

We do need better rail links up North. I'm having to drive from York to Manchester Airport on Sunday early doors because there are no trains that run early enough to catch my flight at 12! I'm mean c'mon!

Go the day before and stay in a hotel at the airport, you skinflint. :D

We are seeing massive investment in cycling routes in our cities and this latest cuts to hs2 has slashed that budget

You’ll be lucky - 50/50 shot the TPE is canceled.

Reminds me of the old Class 50 joke. They sometimes ran them "doubled headed" and they'd say you had a 50:50 chance of getting there :)

iu

It is being widely reported tonight that HS2 will now not go to Manchester. It seems HS2 will now stop at Birmingham, with the Euston link also being scrapped. Old Oak Common will be the London Terminus, which it wasn't designed to be, so no doubt more cost to redesign that. I always thought that they should have started HS2 in the North by linking Crewe, Manchester, Liverpool and Leeds with connections to the West and East Coast Mainlines as Phase 1 and then Phase 2 to Birmingham and Phase 3 to London. That would have been proper Levelling-Up.

All this leaking out whilst the Tories have their Annual Conference, in a former railway station, in Manchester.

It is being widely reported tonight that HS2 will now not go to Manchester. It seems HS2 will now stop at Birmingham, with the Euston link also being scrapped. Old Oak Common will be the London Terminus, which it wasn't designed to be, so no doubt more cost to redesign that. I always thought that they should have started HS2 in the North by linking Crewe, Manchester, Liverpool and Leeds with connections to the West and East Coast Mainlines as Phase 1 and then Phase 2 to Birmingham and Phase 3 to London. That would have been proper Levelling-Up.

All this leaking out whilst the Tories have their Annual Conference, in a former railway station, in Manchester.
Start it in the North? Don't be ridiculous. There has never been any intention to "level up".

advertisement

Back