advertisement

BBC Audience?

Glad I'm not alone, can't stand the whiny, smug, entitled bully.
R2 has had some good presenters. I used to find Wogan amusing, Bruce always seemed like a poor tribute act and his choice of muzak is dire. I find it difficult to listen to much of R2 these days, I enjoy Johnnie Walker's choices mostly and am mightily relieved that "Tiggy" is no longer a fixture. Vernon Kay must've been allowed off the naughty step.

The playlist stopped me from listening during the day. BBC Radio is desperate for new, younger listeners, the current audience is resistent to change, somethings got to give.

Cheers BB

Don’t think I have listened to R2 in many years. It’s 3 or 6music for me. Is it like R1 for old people?

I just thought it was an interesting take on developments. I don't listen to it much because I can't stand Vine or Steve Wright. ( Is he still infesting afternoons?), but I do think they've misjudged their audience.
I tend to listen to mostly 4 and a bit of 3.
I've also checked out Boom. I like it, in small doses. It could easily be seen as a sort of 'Sounds of the Sixties', but it goes a little deeper....digging out long forgotten minor hits etc, rather than just the standard 60s caricature. It also doesn't take itself too seriously.

When I was stuck using FM I used to listen to R2 at work, but I disliked most of the DJs and the playlist was awful ("The Year of the Cat" almost every day, it isn't ever Al Stewart's best song). I gave up on R4 and Radio Scotland over their pro-conservative bias, so I was glad to convert to DAB so I could listen to R6M during work hours. When George Lamb had his short-lived stint on Radio 6 we did have to switch the radio off for his program, though.

I’m too scared to click on a link to The Spectator (Andrew Neil’s Tory propaganda arm with strong links to Tufton St etc). I don’t have any use for Radio 2 either!

Vanessa Feltz....
Ended up retuning to R3 (abt 2yrs ago now) on the alarm clock as I couldn't stand her... I know she doesn't do that show any more but no need to retune.
Oh, and for @Mullardman Steve Wright is no longer 'in the afternoon'

I saw Pete Murray's Bentley clamped in Piccadilly eons ago,
I knew it was his as the Bentley's number plate was, "RAD10 2."

He was the anchor DJ on that Wavelength at that time.

Sold at auction minus the personal no plate...

R.6dafdd0a416d27d26b9f9abad9bbe372

Vanessa Feltz....
Ended up retuning to R3 (abt 2yrs ago now) on the alarm clock as I couldn't stand her... I know she doesn't do that show any more but no need to retune.
Oh, and for @Mullardman Steve Wright is no longer 'in the afternoon'

Her replacement, Owain Wyn Evans, is pretty grim with hos faux cheeriness at 4am.

Mind you, it's never been the same since Alex Lester got hoofed off that slot. Grumble...grump...

Her replacement, Owain Wyn Evans, is pretty grim with hos faux cheeriness at 4am.

Mind you, it's never been the same since Alex Lester got hoofed off that slot. Grumble...grump...
I wondered why Owain wasn’t doing the weather on BBC North-West anymore.

WTF is happening at R2. We used to love Paul OGradys show on a Sunday with his northern soul triple, his arguments with Malcom and the dead pets feature. He had a lovely conversational approach to the listener. Must be a Scouser thing because John Peel was the same and so is to some extent is Lisa Tarbuck who we enjoy on a Saturday. But Bruce, Wogan and Blackburn should have been put out of their misery years ago.

advertisement

Back