advertisement

Wiim mini

Curtis

pfm Member
Hi Fishies.
Just ordered one of these to try out.
What’s the analogue out like via the internal dac?
Any tips for set up etc appreciated.

The internal dac could best be described as 'adequate'. You really need to use the Toslink output and an external dac to fully appreciate just how good this thing is.

Setup is easy, it pretty much walks you through everything, though you'll have to wait while it updates.

The internal dac could best be described as 'adequate'. You really need to use the Toslink output and an external dac to fully appreciate just how good this thing is.

Setup is easy, it pretty much walks you through everything, though you'll have to wait while it updates.
Thanks for that narabdela.
Was going to use it through my mojo.

Could you put some more flesh on the bones of " how good this thing is " please..I'm thinking about buying one..thanks

Hi Fishies.
Just ordered one of these to try out.
What’s the analogue out like via the internal dac?
Any tips for set up etc appreciated.
You have got me salivating! I'm gonna buy one.. hopefully the drool will stop! Lol..saw refurbished ones bit cheaper? With the money saved I could put it against another ukulele?

You have got me salivating! I'm gonna buy one.. hopefully the drool will stop! Lol..saw refurbished ones bit cheaper? With the money saved I could put it against another ukulele?
It cost me £76 new from the amazonians mate. Just get one.
Easy setup, great interface (as good as BluOS on my node) & sounds absolutely fine through my mojo dac.
Better than the CCA for hi res & plays better with the usual streaming suspects.
Haven’t tried it via its own dac yet.
Too busy enjoying the tunes!

It cost me £76 new from the amazonians mate. Just get one.
Easy setup, great interface (as good as BluOS on my node) & sounds absolutely fine through my mojo dac.
Better than the CCA for hi res & plays better with the usual streaming suspects.
Haven’t tried it via its own dac yet.
Too busy enjoying the tunes!
I will buy one...thanks for the review mate..

Hi mate.
I will be your Guinea pig & review it for you on the premise that you teach me how to play the ukulele!
The playing of the ukulele is quite easy, one finger chords! Cool..problem is just buying one ukulele? I started with one now I have about 30! It's a great hobby..better than hifi..lol

A quick update.
This thing is brilliant.
I think the interface is actually better than my node.
Sq wise through my mojo it’s indistinguishable from my other streamers.
Brilliant!
Agreed, it's brilliant...I have never had a streamer before but am impressed with this little thing! Using my new amptastic in power amp mode, going through my LFD passive pre into icon audio mfv 6's..using my jolida DAC ( haven't tried it's internal DAC ) the sound really is very very good..thanks for the recommendation Curtis, much obliged...

A thread on the Wiim forum certainly suggests that a LPSU does make a difference. If you ignore the naysayers who haven’t actually heard the effect they can have.

I pressed the button on a matching system for the Wiim Mini at the weekend. AVI ADM9T’s! Had ADM9’s in my kitchen previously and despite the idiot of a sales manager, they sounded wonderful with a SBT. So quite excited to get another pair. Even though they will probably die next week and go to the local refuse tip!

advertisement

Back