advertisement

Presto music - new classical and jazz streaming service.

I’ll probably give it a trial when I get back home on Sunday. Do you know what it costs?

I’ll probably give it a trial when I get back home on Sunday. Do you know what it costs?

€10.99 a month or €109.99 a year - note that is euros as I am in Europe (where there are also tomatoes, apples, vegetables).

You can pay a bit more and get discounts off purchases.

There’s a months free trial. Just had a snoop and the integration with editorial is good. You can go straight from Gramophone recommended recordings to the cd.

https://www.prestomusic.com/subscriptions

Not exactly new.......established 2001, according to their website. But interesting nonetheless.

Presto Music, a music retailer, was established in 2001. I've bought discs and downloads from them in the past. Their streaming service is brand new.

I've had a look at the site, and apart from Bluetooth from the (Android) app, I can't see how you get sound from the site to the HiFi. There doesn't seem to be a Chromecast option, for example. ... and Apple solutions don't work here.

Can anyone enlighten me ?

I've had a look at the site, and apart from Bluetooth from the (Android) app, I can't see how you get sound from the site to the HiFi. There doesn't seem to be a Chromecast option, for example. ... and Apple solutions don't work here.

They say they have a web player so I guess you could connect a pc or Mac to your hifi. All somewhat rudimentary it seems to me. Bit like Qobuz. But no hook up with Roon.

Had a quick shufti around - the interface is much better than Qobuz - search works well and you can see a pdf of the CD booklet for many of the albums I looked at. Compositional works (symphony, concerto, sonata etc) within an album are presented as such with the movements grouped below in an intuitive and easily intelligible way.

AirPlay appears to be the only option to play to the CA CXNv2 when browsing via iPad. Not sure if it’s universally true but 3rd movement of Beethoven 5 (Harnoncourt / COE) joined with the 4th movement gaplessly.

I've taken the trial membership. You can sign in via a web browser. I use Chrome on a PC and was casting via Chromecast immediately.

I've taken the trial membership. You can sign in via a web browser. I use Chrome on a PC and was casting via Chromecast immediately.

Thanks for that. I'd forgotten about casting from Chrome; I use Firefox as my main browser, but have Chrome as a back up for such eventualities. I just need to improve my memory a bit. (Good luck with that !)

It'll work, but it seems a bit odd that you can't cast from the Android app.

Giving it a try and I’d like to support it but already know Audirvāna/Qobuz will work better for me. Also, I like Electronica.

Finding search very clunky and frustrating and the range limited, at least for Jazz. Maybe classical's better. Very little on the periphery of both, which is what I'm most interested in. Good luck to them but definitely not for me.

Finding search very clunky and frustrating and the range limited, at least for Jazz. Maybe classical's better. Very little on the periphery of both, which is what I'm most interested in. Good luck to them but definitely not for me.

advertisement

Back