advertisement

Today I have mainly been v3

about to drive to see friend today only to discover swmbo blocked the drive with her car and gone out ! caught a taxi . surprised to see a crashmat by the bed but apparently he rolled out of bed last night !! probably trying to escape

Amazing place with parrots doing wolf whistles in the garden .. superb for the little zoo . apparently they used to have a bus stop in the garden for a resident who always picked up the kids at 3pm . when it never arrived the carer said we will catch the next one and she was happy then !! ah the joys of getting old

surprised to see a crashmat by the bed but apparently he rolled out of bed last night !!

When we had patients that would frequently fall out of bed, and were likely to climb over bed rails, we would put the mattress on the floor and nurse them there. Nowhere to fall then!
It looked unconventional, but worked very well. (side room only)

Had a great time with The Daughter last night. We swapped Nursing stories of difficult situations with patients. Sort of conversations that can only happen twixt people who have been there.

Made a hole in a bottle of Old Brigand Black Label Barbados rum. Delicious.

Daughter played records all evening on her system. It sounded fab. My favourite was a RCA Red Seal copy of South Pacific. We washed all the men out of our hair.

Left my new iFi Zen Can headphone amplifier playing overnight, it has nearly had a full 24 hrs.
Hopefully it will sound a bit better today.

Repaired a leaking workshop roof. A bit cheesed off to discover that the roofing stops short of the roof edge! £3.5k for a shed and they can't even get the roof line right.
Rewarded my hard work with a cold beer to accompany the lunchtime chicken enchilada (last night's leftovers). Bloody delicious! Didn't realise how thirsty I was until the cold beer hit the spot. Sun not ever over the yard-arm, but feck it.

about to drive to see friend today only to discover swmbo blocked the drive with her car and gone out ! caught a taxi . surprised to see a crashmat by the bed but apparently he rolled out of bed last night !! probably trying to escape

Amazing place with parrots doing wolf whistles in the garden .. superb for the little zoo . apparently they used to have a bus stop in the garden for a resident who always picked up the kids at 3pm . when it never arrived the carer said we will catch the next one and she was happy then !! ah the joys of getting old

Fortunately you don’t need three years of higher education to get this response. Sadly you will get peeps with the same three years of education arguing this is not the way to engage with clients that have dementia.They are often in charge too. Not common thankfully.

Dementia is a blooming awful thing ..one relative is being 100% horrible and like jekyl and hyde and very very hard to deal with .

Had to go for long walk in country today to clear ones head ! Marvellous what a bit of greenery does

Sat with my friend today who missed church due to being in a home ..first time in decades .he loves the psalms so i read one and you could see the tears . Very emotional time for all

Good start to the day.

Last week I sold an Abba album via Discogs for Headway brain injury charity shop.
Over the weekend, the buyer received the album and was very pleased - which clears me to give the monies to the charity, Gift-Aided, which add’s about 20% I think.
£75 is a nice amount to hand over on a Monday morning

Much to my amazement, the shop had sold £25 worth of 7” Singles as well, 2 of which were The Who Singles at £4 a pop. :)
Current selling more 7” Singles than albums! Fab.

Hopefully get my car back today. Sick of using The Wife’s car, (hybrid automatic) that CVT gearbox is odd.

Beautiful sunny but freezing day - curry later .

digging out some clothes for someone to label

filling in those dire protocol forms for selling a house ... how do i know where the planning permission docs are for that extension way back in the 80`s . and where is that dratted fensa cert among the many accumulated . my word they are a PITB . should have sold it as limited title guarantee like executors do as then you dont have to fill them in !!! however of course then the house is worth much less

Had my first experience in a gym today. I was referred by my GP to an exercise programme at the local leisure centre. This referral was because I had a severe lack energy back in September with nothing obvious showing on blood tests. I developed a bit of persistent breathlessness and had lung function tests in December at the GPs which showed that there was an issue. I have now been referred to the lung clinic in the regional hospital. They have requested an immunology blood test for farmers lung because of my work history and I'm waiting for feedback.

Anyway I decided last month that it was time try improve my fitness through this programme. Today was very much a familiarisation session learning how to use the equipment. I aim to build up gradually ultimately. I may be limited by lung capacity, but I feel it is worth trying to find out what the limit is. Obviously I will try not overdo it.

Today I felt that there was definitely some benefit from exercising different parts of my body and doing that on a regular basis would good for me. Time will tell.

digging out some clothes for someone to label

filling in those dire protocol forms for selling a house ... how do i know where the planning permission docs are for that extension way back in the 80`s . and where is that dratted fensa cert among the many accumulated . my word they are a PITB . should have sold it as limited title guarantee like executors do as then you dont have to fill them in !!! however of course then the house is worth much less
I sold two houses as executor. As FENSA only started in 2002 it wasn’t an issue. Didn’t affect the value at all.

thats good to know but it can reduce the value due to these factors

LIMITED TITLE GUARANTEE

This is used where the Seller of the property has no personal knowledge of the property. This is most often used in the case of a sale by an Attorney, the Executor of an Estate, where the property has been repossessed or by a Trustees or a Personal Representative.

The person selling cannot guarantee that the property is not subject to any financial charges, nor can they guarantee whether there are any rights over the property or give information on what rights there could be. They are unable to confirm whether there are any covenants which may affect the property.

https://bbslaw.co.uk/guide-to-title...ARANTEE,Trustees or a Personal Representative.

I have just assisted buying such a property and it was much cheaper than it would have been . there were other factors but this was one of them . however when we come to sell it will be with full title guarantee as i can complete all the documentation

I am trying to get a V5 for my 1957 BSA Bantam. It's 40 years since it was last on the road and the log book has long been lost.
DVLA sent an engineer round to check it over today and hopefully that's all that will be needed and I'll get a V5 in a couple of weeks.
I have a few jobs to do on it but nothing that will spoil the patina. I'm going for Oily Rag rather than Concourse.

7q11FkB.jpg

I am trying to get a V5 for my 1957 BSA Bantam. It's 40 years since it was last on the road and the log book has long been lost.
DVLA sent an engineer round to check it over today and hopefully that's all that will be needed and I'll get a V5 in a couple of weeks.
I have a few jobs to do on it but nothing that will spoil the patina. I'm going for Oily Rag rather than Concourse.

7q11FkB.jpg
That's the same age as me! It probably runs better too! I'd never get through an MOT.

First day back at work after 5 days in Lisbon. Didn’t get home until after eleven last night so it was a drag getting up at 4.15. It was 17/18 in Lisbon, so a bit of a shock having to scrape off the car when we landed last night.

Enjoyed Lisbon but preferred Porto. Will visit Porto again but doubt I’ll return to Lisbon.

Cheers BB

advertisement

Back