advertisement

The return of Fawlty Towers

"There is also the fact that reboots of almost everything, barring perhaps the first return of Frasier, are almost always inferior to the originals."

There hasn't been a reboot of Frasier yet.... unless he means Frasier being a spin-off from Cheers, which isn't a reboot by any means.

Give the man a chance. The original is/was perhaps the best British comedy ever.
Please do not knock Cleese and his effort until you see and hear it. It may bring some surprises.

Never saw why it was held in such high esteem, basically British farce which isn’t that funny. Much the same as Monty Python, most of it was drivel although a few really funny bits, LOB was brilliant though. My wife feels much the same but back in the day you were expected by your peers to conform.

As ever, humour being a highly subjective matter, I could quite easily watch all 12 episodes again, and I'm pretty sure I'd get a kick out of them, even if I'd be watching through thick-rimmed nostalgia specs.

John

This is not going to go well re: Cleese's current views and the general show at the time. I was surprised to hear it was coming back tbh.

It should stay as the original series. obvs

advertisement

Back