advertisement

New Tripoint Audio Emperor Statement Flagship Ground Cable.

I can't believe the ignorance on this forum sometimes. You connect that to this wooden box:

entreq.jpg

The benefit is perfectly described by the seller: Recently one of my customers said to me after a visit – “the improvement is as much about what you don’t hear” (£16,500)

Offering an uplift in every area, especially with weight and scale...

They're not kidding! Good thing they're so attractive.

I wonder why, if you are trying to create a low impedance path to ground, one might want ferrite beads on each end? Not that I doubt this has all been very well thought through, based on solid science, with the price (just as it should be) to cover materials, production and development costs, and sensible margin for profit :p. I do hope those connectors are Rhodium and the cable solid 4/9s silver, or I am out.

Not sure I'll bother but building your own grounding box for $20 and seeing if it makes any difference seems a lot more fun than dropping $10k on a packing case.

...the Tourmaline stone chips sells only for less than 20 USD per kilo! So I immediately think to DIY one of my own. I bought a kilo of Tourmaline stone chip and went home and grabbed a plastic takeout box and some unused 47Lab cables that were just lying around ...I also threw in some RCA connectors and Wood Cubes that doctorjohn gave me, plus some black stones from a bracelet.

https://cheaptubeaudio.blogspot.com/2022/03/diy-ground-box.html

8kpzJw4.png

I wonder why, if you are trying to create a low impedance path to ground, one might want ferrite beads on each end? Not that I doubt this has all been very well thought through, based on solid science, with the price (just as it should be) to cover materials, production and development costs, and sensible margin for profit. I do hope those connectors are Rhodium and the cable solid 4/9s silver, or I am out.
IMHO it's a bad assumption that products like these are based on "solid science" (of the engineering variety). The science is that of marketing and sales as applied to customers for luxury/ultra-luxury things like jewellery. Grounding cables may have low resistance (DC) but amongst other issues (e.g. ferrites as you write) they are too long to have low enough impedance (AC) to do anything predictable if you have a real technical problem to solve. If so, other solutions are needed.

Ultra-luxury products like these presumably sell in small but sufficient quantities to make money for their makers. Logically strange to the engineer but obviously it happens. They seem these days to occupy a disproportionate amount of "real estate" in online and print media, presumably because their sales benefit the channels too.

They seem to me to be the ultimate proof of how far into metaphysics some sales channels are prepared to go to persuade the customer. I do wonder how many buyers don't see this when it comes to much less expensive tweaks and add-on products. Products you didn't know were essential until a salesman told you that you had to buy them to solve problems you didn't know you had.

I can't believe the ignorance on this forum sometimes. You connect that to this wooden box:

entreq.jpg

The benefit is perfectly described by the seller: Recently one of my customers said to me after a visit – “the improvement is as much about what you don’t hear” (£16,500)
I'm thinking of starting a business selling upgraded wheels for these things made out of virgin vicuna's uteruses. Once you've tried them you'll never go back to the stock model.

£5k to you son. Just give me a couple of days to eat the takeaways, er, I mean source the components.

I'll even throw in some bits of old tin foil I've scrawled on with a sharpie that make your CD player sound better.
Black or green sharpie should be an option…

advertisement

Back