advertisement

Ukraine V

Why not? We can't produce everything alone.

Seriously, open a thread to dehumanize Serbia in every possible way and carry on there. You have a plenty of "influencers" produced in dark wings of Foreign Office you can link and quote, not only an Albanian "scholar" from UCL but many other from the same kitchen and the same payroll. You can even write about Novak Djokovic as a Russian stooge, a many other wonderful topics. Whole world is yours!

Why spoiling Ukraine thread?
Former Israeli PM Naftali Bennet:

After 17 drafts of agreement, NATO “decided that it is necessary to continue to smash Putin, and not to negotiate… They broke off the negotiations, and it seemed to me that they were wrong.”.

According to him, it was Boris Johnson who was radical and pushed against peace.

It's a long video, 5 hours, and it gets on the topic of Putin and Ukraine war including negotiations around 2:19:52

You have English (and FWIW Russian subtitles at CC button)

I'm only wondering why this is released now.

Israel: just another country driven by interests rather than values and much the same as Serbia and India.

Unlike noble, selfless USA, of course.

Seriously, I thought Israel's interests aligned closely with the USA's to the point of virtual coincidence.

What would Naftali Bennett have to gain by risking the displeasure of the US?

Last edited:
Seriously, I thought Israel's interests aligned closely with the USA',s to the point of virtual coincidence.

I think the rise of the far right into the Israeli government is putting that to the test. Things change, after all, and so should analyses, to take account of those changes.

https://time.com/6251298/blinken-israel-visit-us-tensions/

Early days, but I can see cracks in the US/Israeli relationship.

But if a MAGA candidate becomes the next president we can probably expect the US, Israel, and Russia to become mega friendly with each other again.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-64528580

Without significant foreign intervention, which seems unlikely, I can see Russia, due to sheer weight of numbers, advancing further and further west quite quickly over the next few months. If and when they take Kiev what will NATO do?
No. Give Ukraine's training and doctrine advantages, equipment and technology advantages, and morale/espirit advantages, I don't see the Russians getting anything big off the ground. All they can do is grind away with human waves of poorly trained and equipped recruits. And they won't be able to keep that up forever.

@DimitryZ
What is your explanation that apparently the US are the biggest buyers of RF crude oil derivates from India?

Why do they expect that no one else is allowed to do buy Russian crude (except for Bulgaria)?

https://www.telegraphindia.com/busi...il-but-who-is-the-surprise-buyer/cid/1910044?
To put things into perspective a bit, the US consumes 18 to 19 million barrels of oil. That's per day. So the quantities mentioned here (200,000 bpd) are ~1% of their overall need.

OK, the article mentions a specific grade of oil (VGO, which a quick Google shows to be a pretty basic bunker fuel for shipping etc.). So the sanctions have diverted Russian crude away from Europe/the US towards India, China etc. where buyers can extract substantial discounts. If the Indians have refining capacity to sell some of it abroad and get the added value, what's the problem? The Americans get their VGO from India, and the Russian treasury suffers a big drop in the price it gets for its crude.

I think the rise of the far right into the Israeli government is putting that to the test. Things change, after all, and so should analyses, to take account of those changes.

https://time.com/6251298/blinken-israel-visit-us-tensions/

Early days, but I can see cracks in the US/Israeli relationship.

But if a MAGA candidate becomes the next president we can probably expect the US, Israel, and Russia to become mega friendly with each other again.

Just an opinion of course, but - if Trump (or A N Other of similar ilk) is the outcome, kiss goodbye to Ukraine and its people; Putin's army of ghouls will leave a blood soaked landscape of utter devastation. And with this 'success' Putin will be on to the Baltic states, if the US far right administration appeases him by finding the means to neuter NATO.

If so, Putin attempts to move into Western Europe - to satisfy his (Pete-the-not-so-great) EurAsia project. Individual nation states ignore US/NATO and unilaterally come to blows with Russia to defend themselves. With or without nukes, populations are slaughtered. Alternatively, ceding to Putin's demands leaves many millions under the pall of Kremlin 'democratic' process, which consists of nothing but intimidation, torture and murder.

Either way, our American cousins are playing with fire, but it won't simply be Europe that burns.

Unfortunately for us, our political/industrial/media overlords have little interest in learning from history; not even when accompanied with overt warning signs.

John

To put things into perspective a bit, the US consumes 18 to 19 million barrels of oil. That's per day. So the quantities mentioned here (200,000 bpd) are ~1% of their overall need.

OK, the article mentions a specific grade of oil (VGO, which a quick Google shows to be a pretty basic bunker fuel for shipping etc.). So the sanctions have diverted Russian crude away from Europe/the US towards India, China etc. where buyers can extract substantial discounts. If the Indians have refining capacity to sell some of it abroad and get the added value, what's the problem? The Americans get their VGO from India, and the Russian treasury suffers a big drop in the price it gets for its crude.
One might note that shippers who use VGO are likely among the most price-sensitive of large-scale consumers, and the ones who may be in position to buy Indian.

Unlike noble, selfless USA, of course.

Seriously, I thought Israel's interests aligned closely with the USA',s to the point of virtual coincidence.

What would Naftali Bennett have to gain by risking the displeasure of the US?
You obviously don't follow Israeli politics.

who would anyone follow demands for sanctions against russia when usa first is buying russian oil?

why demanding that from germany, turkey or serbia?

who would anyone follow demands for sanctions against russia when usa first is buying russian oil?

why demanding that from germany, turkey or serbia?
Stop lying, it's becoming embarrassing.

We buy perfectly legal Indian refined petroleum products at a great price.

And we are making friends with India.

Just watched the bbc programme Ukraine: a people’s war on the iPlayer. Remarkable ingenuity and resilience from men and women who had no interest in the military until their country was faced with the existential threat from Putins forces. We really should give them all of the conventional weapons necessary to remove the invaders from their country.

@DimitryZ

What is your explanation that apparently the US are the biggest buyers of RF crude oil derivates from India?

Why do they expect that no one else is allowed to do buy Russian crude (except for Bulgaria)?

https://www.telegraphindia.com/busi...il-but-who-is-the-surprise-buyer/cid/1910044?

I've added color to highlight that your complaint included a bit of slight-of-hand. It treats two different things as if they are the same thing. The Indians do some processing to make VGO out of crude oil. Really, the stuff the US is buying is INDIAN crude oil derivates, otherwise known as refined petroleum products.

So Russia doesn't benefit from this trade?

OK.
Pay attention to the 35% reduction in RF government incoming funds year over year. And estimate a giant increase in wartime expenditures. Note that RF has started to sell its gold. They are running a 50%+ budget deficits, and unlike Ukraine, who we are backstopping, RF got Iran and NK.

Don't bet against US in an economic war. We are very good at impoverishing the Slavic brother, while hardly noticing it ourselves. Decades of practice during the Cold War - which of course we won against a much more formidable and far better armed adversary.

This would be like desert.

That's all fine, I only asked if Russia benefits from the trade. Meaning - does it earn money that can be directed towards war funding?

Good if you don't notice yourselves any impoverishing, glad for you. Situation in Europe among your partners is quite different and it's only getting worse. Inflation as a consequence of the war is soaring everywhere. You can read about it on several topics on this forum regarding the UK.

That's all fine, I only asked if Russia benefits from the trade. Meaning - does it earn money that can be directed towards war funding?

Good if you don't notice yourselves any impoverishing, glad for you. Situation in Europe among your partners is quite different and it's only getting worse. Inflation as a consequence of the war is soaring everywhere. You can read about it on several topics on this forum regarding the UK.
Ahh yes, Russia Today recently had a long piece on how Europeans are so poor from the sanctions against the mighty Russia that they have to reuse toilet paper.

Did they interview you for it? I am sure you would provide excellent "true stories."

advertisement

Back