advertisement

Sigberg Audio’s Manta’s

Purité Audio

Trade: Purite Audio
Maximum sound pressure tests has been conducted with CTA-2034 pink noise today.

Specs updated as follows:
Maximum SPL of 122dB@1m (per speaker)
Sigberg Audio’s new dual cardioid Manta loudspeakers.

Keith

Raj I believe it will be 8C sort of price but you also need the subs, so a few k more expensive but they should be interesting.
Best,
Keith

Yes that’s them, they are in an anechoic chamber right now ( or soon will be) for the final measurements, I don’t think there will be major changes.
Current measurements look really good I have high hopes an 8C with more real estate.
Keith

World premiere: The MANTA: Wideband Cardioid Monitor

40-60% of side and rear wall reflections killed at the source!

The Sigberg Audio MANTA active loudspeaker system has an uncanny ability to play “through” the room, reducing acoustical problems due to its unique wideband, dual cardioid enclosure. This means less energy is directed to the side and rear of the speaker, and more energy is directed towards you, the listener. Put plainly, more and cleaner sound arrives at your ears directly from the source.

Combined with the point source coaxial driver, the result is an incredible soundstage and pinpoint imaging. The loudspeakers disappear as instruments just exist in the space in front of and around you. The ambience and soundstage recorded on the track are presented without being distorted by your room.

the MANTA isn't only engineered to deliver total accuracy, it also pays homage to the emotional impact of your music. With its rich, natural sound, the MANTA will breathe new life into your favorite tracks. The brutal yet restrained design elements are born out of functional design, and you will find that the MANTA are equally at home in a studio, in your living room, or a dedicated listening space.

It was designed from the start as a statement product, and to have over the top dynamics. At a glance: 0.5% THD @96dB/1m and maximum SPL of 122dB@1m. Combine this with controlled dispersion, and you have a dynamic capability, precision and control that is rare in studio monitors. In home audio speakers, you are hard pressed to find it anywhere else.

Like its sibling the Sigberg Audio SBS.1 active speaker, it’s designed to play with a subwoofer. Despite having a 12” driver, the MANTA has an F3 of 90hz(!). This means it’s essentially a 4-way speaker system and integrates perfectly with our subwoofers.

Additional information

MANTA is available for preorder directly at www.sigbergaudio.no
Worldwide pricing: 135996NOK (~13300USD / ~12300EUR / ~11000GBP)
(including loudspeaker stands and worldwide shipping. Excluding import taxes / duty)

About Sigberg Audio

Sigberg Audio is a Norwegian company founded in 2020. All our products are made in Norway. We offer full range sound and realistic dynamics – all to make your favoritemusic sound awesome! We are a direct to consumercompany and offer free worldwide door to-door shipping.

Additional product information:
https://www.sigbergaudio.no/products/sigberg-audio-manta-1-active-speakers

Product photos:
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0...ergAudio-Manta-Productphotos.zip?v=1675584303
Keith

11k plus vat? 13kplus then
very nice, but lot of money, then again cheaper than lyngdorfs new standmounts

Davd, Thorbjörn Sigberg believes, well read his statement in dynamics so let the mains handle the important mid bass and up and subs to handle the low bass, no compromise!
I believe they will be extremely dynamic with real punch.
Keith

Purité Audio are a Sigberg Audio retailer, we will have the Manta here ( and the SBS.1) as soon as they are released.
Speakers like the Manta the D&D8c/Kii allow a huge range of adjustment and really perform at their best with acoustics measurement, listening, adjusting…
Keith

I’ll be interested to see what you make of them.

Am I correct in thinking they have an internal DAC but no ethernet or wifi connectivity (unlike the Kii and D&D)?

.sjb

Final specs aren’t definitively set but certainly digital and analogue inputs, from the Manta web page,
Inputs:
Analog: RCA, XLR balanced (in/through)
Digital: Optical, Coaxial/SPDIF (in/through), AES (in/through)
Keith

advertisement

Back