advertisement

If the panels behind the speakers are sound absorbers/room treatment, they are the neatest I’ve ever seen. Very nice set up.

If the panels behind the speakers are sound absorbers/room treatment, they are the neatest I’ve ever seen. Very nice set up.
Yes, 'Acupanel', acoustic slatted panels, only 20mm thick so debatable as to what that can absorb. Primarily bought for aesthetics here...but the room does sound good with them asmongst other things...thick rug, fabric covered seating etc to further enhance absorbtion. They are a nice feature tho.

I recently decided to try an NJC phono stage, given that I already have the headphone amp. First impressions are really good, and the combination works well both with my headphones (HD650) and power amp/speakers. I must get round to hanging those pictures too!

What is the picture/screen in front of the unit that your phono stage is on? ..looks intriguing .

What is the picture/screen in front of the unit that your phono stage is on? ..looks intriguing .
It's a very wide print of Arrival of Spring by David Hockney (and much brighter than it looks in the picture). My wife bought it some time ago and had it framed. It's meant to go in our dining room but I've been putting off hanging it up as it's heavy and has two screws either side rather than just a string along the back. I'm hoping that somebody who's good at these things will visit soon and give me a hand!

Waxxy, they are the mc rl-21 ( 4 ohm and 85db sensitivity )( music culture from germany ). I believe the main chap had a part in mbl, anyhow...the speakers are very cohesive sounding,, excellent tweeter/driver integration. For a relatively small speaker they can sound pretty huge, producing a deep and wide soundstage, holographic and quite stunning in their imaging ( imaging is their forte ).

The highs are sumptuously sweet, lows go deep...but the midrange ( for me ) is where they just shine...vocals sound so pure and smooth, percussian can really come to life...get a busy track like miles' esp and they reward with excellent instrument separation with air around them, sound floats out away and around from the speakers.

Sorry that i can only describe in layman's terms...but this is what i hear in my approx 3 x 4m room. I believe ' rana ' from here has some, he may give a more educated/technical explanation. Hope this helps...

Waxxy, they are the mc rl-21 ( 4 ohm and 85db sensitivity )( music culture from germany ). I believe the main chap had a part in mbl, anyhow...the speakers are very cohesive sounding,, excellent tweeter/driver integration. For a relatively small speaker they can sound pretty huge, producing a deep and wide soundstage, holographic and quite stunning in their imaging ( imaging is their forte ).

The highs are sumptuously sweet, lows go deep...but the midrange ( for me ) is where they just shine...vocals sound so pure and smooth, percussian can really come to life...get a busy track like miles' esp and they reward with excellent instrument separation with air around them, sound floats out away and around from the speakers.

Sorry that i can only describe in layman's terms...but this is what i hear in my approx 3 x 4m room. I believe ' rana ' from here has some, he may give a more educated/technical explanation. Hope this helps...

I think you did just fine describing the RL21. I loved them so much I bought a second pair! They do work very well with Audionets, and here are mine with Audionet DNA 2.0+EPS power supply from a couple of year's back. I do miss what that combo did.
bYudpNm.jpg

advertisement

Back