advertisement

Bill gates ..rather pay for vaccines than going to Mars

At last someone saying something sensible. Can't see any point trying to get to Mars either.
To push forward technology, 1 step at a time I say. We've been to the moon, some say that was pointless but it has proven visiting another celestial object is possible, now lets try further afield. One day in the very far distant future Mars may become our new home as planet earth slowly but surely becomes inhabitable.

Bill Gates has an interesting track record: successful businessman (creating billions of wealth for himself and others) and generous philanthropist (giving away most of his fortune to causes I find very useful, such as medicine and climate change). So I'm not too steamed up if he made a very good investment in vaccines: most of that money will end up funding the activities of his charities.

Agree. Gates is one of the good guys IMHO. Could do with a few more like him.

The Gates operative is focusing on the Illuminati overlords need for global vaccination in place, so everyone has the nanochip in them. Oversight and control of the sheeple is important.

Their Mars plans are being taken over by Musk, once the 'control all communications' phase is complete.

Obvs. Innit?

One day in the very far distant future Mars may become our new home as planet earth slowly but surely becomes inhabitable.

Yes, I guess we could try and prevent destruction of the earth - the perfect, irreplaceable habitat for human beings and all the myriad other forms of life that share the planet with us - or we could focus on a dead, frozen, inhospitable planet 130 million km away.

Gates also owns the fact checkers, so that holds no water.

Which "fact checkers"? There are so many. It must keep him quite busy controlling their output. How does he find time for philanthropy and vaccines?

Bill Gates would rather save lives
than spend the money travelling to Mars.
I agree with his preference
Save lives rather than
salve insecurity regarding your penis size

Labi Siffre (Twitter).

Which "fact checkers"? There are so many. It must keep him quite busy controlling their output. How does he find time for philanthropy and vaccines?

George Soros funds the Poynter Institute and one of that organisation's projects is the International Fact Checking Network launched in cooperation with the US State Department, Google, Facebook and the Bill and Mellisa Gates Foundation.

Rupert Murdoch's NY Post has been running a series of opinion pieces by right wing peeps on how Soros is out to take over America (and then the world!)

They ran a piece on Jan 23rd about factcheckers that began "George Soros is the most dangerous man in America. The investor is intent on remaking the country to his liberal image..." followed by the usual guff about liberals and leftists.

I won't link to it out of respect to Tony as I don't imagine he wants his site linked to the NY Post.

As far as I can tell none of this has anything to do with AFP who are funded by the French government.

Yes, I guess we could try and prevent destruction of the earth - the perfect, irreplaceable habitat for human beings and all the myriad other forms of life that share the planet with us - or we could focus on a dead, frozen, inhospitable planet 130 million km away.
My point was earth as a planet has an inevitable end due to the ever increasing temperature of the sun, this has nowt to do with the current problems of climate change just a fact. Whilst this may be a couple of billion years ahead, at some stage, if we would like to continue as a civilization we need to look elsewhere & we need to start our search a very long time before.

My point was earth as a planet has an inevitable end due to the ever increasing temperature of the sun, this has nowt to do with the current problems of climate change just a fact. Whilst this may be a couple of billion years ahead, at some stage, if we would like to continue as a civilization we need to look elsewhere & we need to start our search a very long time before.

Fair enough. I struggle to plan much past next Tuesday never mind a couple of billion years ;-)

Please don't expand into the universe. Anyway, it wouldn't want us. A quick fact check on our track record here (Earth born 4.5 billion years ago, followed by 4,499,700,000 years of natural growth, followed by the arrival of MAN who managed maybe 299,800 years of fitting in, then thought, nah, this is ours to own and destroy, and at our best now, with deadlines missed and the discussion about what billionaires do...) suggests that locusts and coronavirus would be more widely welcomed.

But then ofc we won't ask will we? Just go ahead and do it.

Bill Gates definitely seems like one of the good guys these days. An immensely thoughtful and practical guy.

What a refreshing piece of news [ not that i am against space travel ]

Billionaire Bill Gates has said he would rather pay for vaccines than travelling to Mars, which he does not think is a good use of money.

"It's actually quite expensive to go to Mars. You can buy measles vaccines and save lives for $1,000 (£814) per life saved," he told the BBC.

Mr Gates, who has spent much of his life as the richest person in the world, has given tens of billions of pounds to philanthropic causes, often targeted at global health, especially children.

He now divides his time between climate change, and eradicating malnutrition and diseases such as polio and malaria.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-64499635

Strange....the whole MMR vaccine only costs $23.....why does it cost $1,000 to save a life from measles ?

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/programs/vfc/awardees/vaccine-management/price-list/index.html

advertisement

Back