advertisement

Bill gates ..rather pay for vaccines than going to Mars

hifinutt

hifinutt
What a refreshing piece of news [ not that i am against space travel ]

Billionaire Bill Gates has said he would rather pay for vaccines than travelling to Mars, which he does not think is a good use of money.

"It's actually quite expensive to go to Mars. You can buy measles vaccines and save lives for $1,000 (£814) per life saved," he told the BBC.

Mr Gates, who has spent much of his life as the richest person in the world, has given tens of billions of pounds to philanthropic causes, often targeted at global health, especially children.

He now divides his time between climate change, and eradicating malnutrition and diseases such as polio and malaria.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-64499635

He makes more than enough profit off vaccines to spend on going to Mars if he wishes. He did an interview smiling about vaccines being a 20x investment. He’s a businessman, not a generous man.

At last someone saying something sensible. Can't see any point trying to get to Mars either.

At last someone saying something sensible. Can't see any point trying to get to Mars either.

Whilst we undoubtedly have challenges to face here on planet Earth I also support space exploration as a driver for technical advancement.

Regards

Richard

He makes more than enough profit off vaccines to spend on going to Mars if he wishes. He did an interview smiling about vaccines being a 20x investment. He’s a businessman, not a generous man.
Bill Gates has an interesting track record: successful businessman (creating billions of wealth for himself and others) and generous philanthropist (giving away most of his fortune to causes I find very useful, such as medicine and climate change). So I'm not too steamed up if he made a very good investment in vaccines: most of that money will end up funding the activities of his charities.

This has been debunked. The video of his CNBC interview shared on social media was edited misleadingly.

The 20-1 'return on investment' on vaccines in the developing world was a measure of social benefit intended to illustrate the benefits of 'investing' in health compared with other projects such as energy.

https://factcheck.afp.com/misleading-facebook-post-claims-bill-gates-making-200-billion-vaccine

Bill Gates has an interesting track record: successful businessman (creating billions of wealth for himself and others) and generous philanthropist (giving away most of his fortune to causes I find very useful, such as medicine and climate change). So I'm not too steamed up if he made a very good investment in vaccines: most of that money will end up funding the activities of his charities.

Are you also aware he made many visits to Epstein’s island and when questioned about it he said “Well he’s dead so”. Doesn’t give much confidence if you ask me.

This has been debunked. The video of his CNBC interview shared on social media was edited misleadingly.

The 20-1 'return on investment' on vaccines in the developing world was a measure of social benefit intended to illustrate the benefits of 'investing' in health compared with other projects such as energy.

https://factcheck.afp.com/misleading-facebook-post-claims-bill-gates-making-200-billion-vaccine

Gates also owns the fact checkers, so that holds no water.

Are you also aware he made many visits to Epstein’s island and when questioned about it he said “Well he’s dead so”. Doesn’t give much confidence if you ask me.
I don't know about his private life, apart from the fact his wife dumped him. There were rumours about him and others around Epstein, but don't think anything was proved. I'm sure Epstein had many visitors to his island. Gates is very far from being a saint, but I find attempts to reduce his role to that aspect suspicious. There is a whole spectrum of far-right nutters that brings up these issues up to damage Gates' reputation for other dubious reasons: antivaxxers, QAnon types, etc.
EDIT sorry, double posted with Tony L

someone is getting ripped off if a measles vaccine costs $1000, it will be pennies to produce.
Rgds
Stuart

advertisement

Back