advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
52657142215_7813b73fb0_b.jpg

First of the film shots from yesterday - from the roll I thought would be fogged. Scanning those shots from 1987 of friends in their rooms , made me think about pulling back from the subject. My more recent portraits have tended to go in close.

Philip Dundas by Pete, on Flickr

I must admit I like getting in close for portraits but since seeing your images I have started to appreciate environmental portraits a lot more. To me this is head and shoulders (pardon the pun) over the close up, but you just have to make images you like (unless they are paying) and if other people do as well then it's a nice bonus...I like the plant in both images as well, I would imagine he will really like this. Although I always found it surprising that the image you thought was great the sitter would like something else ... bit like photo competitions, sorry I digress.....

IMG_0004 by Bill Terry, on Flickr

Trip To Berlin in June, 1989.
Just in front of the Brandenburg gate, it flying the Flag of Germany for the first time in a long time.; evocative stuff. I got there as a pale v young architecture student v soon after chunks of Die Mauer was removed barely months after this was captured, and somewhere here still have about 300 negs exposures taken. I recall several of this very area, of the bald narrow strip of new tarmac in place of. Very poignant.

I shall go digging in the cache of archive boxes ( -to start to scan & catalogue all such old film exps is one of my goals for the year)

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back