advertisement

Post-Trump: III (decline, further tantrums, legal proceedings, book deals etc)

“George Santos” gets the full Illuminaughtii treatment. This one just beggars belief. A good 30 minute catch-up for anyone who hasn’t been following how a conman and fraudster has ended up as a Republican congressman. A situation so sketchy there is some real doubt if his name is even ‘George Santos’. It appears he has lied about absolutely everything.

It seems he has become a liability to the GOP even though they still like having his vote in the House. He has resigned from his committee assignments. It was I'm sure a case of being told plainly "Quit or be fired."

Scary article on book banning from the likes of DeSantos (Salon). Real Fahrenheit 451-grade stuff. The US Republican Party clearly intends to cleanse and revise history to its white straight Christian fundamentalist vision. The thought police are here. This is 100% fascism.

Scary article on book banning from the likes of DeSantos (Salon). Real Fahrenheit 451-grade stuff. The US Republican Party clearly intends to cleanse and revise history to its white straight Christian fundamentalist vision. The thought police are here. This is 100% fascism.

Hiding the truth is the only way they’ll be able to groom another generation of MAGA crazies.

DeSantis will be even more dangerous than Trump

DeSantis will be even more dangerous than Trump

Long may they both contest the leadership of the GOP. It effectively seals their fate because no way will the MAGA loons forgive DeSantis and just fall in behind him without their leader's blessing. Like that'll happen. :)

Dems need a good well disciplined campaign but that should include some large orders of popcorn.

Long may they both contest the leadership of the GOP. It effectively seals their fate because no way will the MAGA loons forgive DeSantis and just fall in behind him without their leader's blessing. Like that'll happen. :)

Dems need a good well disciplined campaign but that should include some large orders of popcorn.

Agreed. The longer the GOP infighting continues, the better.

My only concern is that some GOP and independent voters will have short memories. With DeSantis running on T***p’s right, they may start to see Agent Orange as a more “moderate” choice. Crazy times we live in! :eek:

I see newly single Marjorie has had her hair done real nice. Maybe she is thinking of a politically advantageous liaison with Dumb Kevin?

sorry for mental image

Todays unhinged Trump rant was chilling and genocidal.

https://twitter.com/esqueer_/status/1620757034080821248?s=61&t=VFGcq4zEN1xnnMcPfitmow

To recap:
  • Pass a bill that falsely claims there are only two genders, male and female
  • Reverse legislation for life-saving gender affirming healthcare
  • Ban all education of transgender and non-binary issues in schools nationwide
  • Ban transitioning for youth nationwide
  • Sign an executive order to end programs for gender transitioning for all ages nationwide
  • Criminalize and hunt doctors and educators who try to save transgender and non-binary lives
It won't just stop at trans people.
I’m so tired.

Todays unhinged Trump rant was chilling and genocidal.

https://twitter.com/esqueer_/status/1620757034080821248?s=61&t=VFGcq4zEN1xnnMcPfitmow

To recap:
  • Pass a bill that falsely claims there are only two genders, male and female
  • Reverse legislation for life-saving gender affirming healthcare
  • Ban all education of transgender and non-binary issues in schools nationwide
  • Ban transitioning for youth nationwide
  • Sign an executive order to end programs for gender transitioning for all ages nationwide
  • Criminalize and hunt doctors and educators who try to save transgender and non-binary lives
It won't just stop at trans people.
I’m so tired.
Trump and his nomination opponent, DeSantis, are trying to outflank each other on the extreme right. It's sickening.

DeSantis today was pushing to require high school athletes to disclose their menstrual history — all part of Florida’s attempt to roll-back transgender rights. Just the latest in a range of state investigations into finding out where and who trans people are via name changes, legal petitions for gender changes and driving licence changes among many other examples of trans prurience and overreach.

We are the canaries in a coalmine of far broader plans for mandating groups of people out of existence.

I don’t really have the luxury of feeling sickened anymore. Most of my friends are actively stockpiling medications, tooling up. Shit’s going to get real.

Last edited:
Trump and his nomination opponent, DeSantis, are trying to outflank each other on the extreme right. It's sickening.

won’t this craziness make them more and more unelectable? I can’t imagine that most average Americans are OK with these types of policies? Or are most Americans easily led?

It is terrifying. This is unquestionably fascism and their targets are now very clearly identified. There is no defending it. It needs stopping by whatever means. There will come a point where ‘opposition’ becomes ‘resistance’. There can be no tolerance for this shit.

advertisement

Back