advertisement

WiiM Mini Audio Streamer £76.48 at Amazon

Back on offer at the same price today, in case anyone is considering trying one.

I had not heard of these streamers until seeing this thread.
Reading up on it I was delighted to find that it seemed to be exactly the device that I had been waiting for for a couple of years now.
I use Amazon for hi-res streaming and have found choices of streamer limited by this. In fact, as far as I know, the WiiM is the only device that allows me to stream direct to my system in high quality from the Amazon Music App itself.
Upon arrival it was easy to set up and did exactly what it said on the tin.
I directly compared it's output to the latest Bluesound Node, through an external DAC and pretty decent system, and heard absolutely zero discernible difference. As such, I will be replacing all my Nodes with Wiims.
Thank you for educating me yet again Fishies!

Back on offer at the same price today, in case anyone is considering trying one.

Reading up on it I was delighted to find that it seemed to be exactly the device that I had been waiting for for a couple of years now.
I use Amazon for hi-res streaming and have found choices of streamer limited by this. In fact, as far as I know, the WiiM is the only device that allows me to stream direct to my system in high quality from the Amazon Music App itself.
I directly compared it's output to the latest Bluesound Node, through an external DAC and pretty decent system, and heard absolutely zero discernible difference. As such, I will be replacing all my Nodes with Wiims.

Great to hear that! I don’t think I will replace
my Node2i because I use the USB connection to play lossless files from a flash drive. Plus it has the linear psu of course which does lift the Node’s performance.

thanks

Are you using the Nodes wired or via wi-fi?

M

Anyone using these connected to lms as local music source? I’ve got a pi with ropey WiFi reception and if this is more stable it would potentially remove the need for a homeplug on the hifi

edit: I see there’s a thread on the wiim forum about native squeezlite support and it’s planned for some time in q1 (hopefully)

Have people experimented with different power supplies/battery packs? Interested to hear given the positive effect I observed when adding the linear psu to my Node2i and that with an external dac too.

advertisement

Back