advertisement

NFL 2022/3

Just had a decent bet on Bengals by more than one score vs Chiefs and then to win the big prize

Sounds reasonable to me although I am already tied in with 49ers to win the SB but I concede Burrow has the edge - maybe I should hedge my bet with a flutter in the Bengals too.

I can make a call to my man Vince in Vegas if anyone needs any "help" with getting the right results.

After losing 3 straight NFC championship games, the Eagles have now won 3 straight. I’m hoping the trend continues with the Superbowl (after losing 2 straight, they won their last one.)

Chiefs the better team though. Bengals were only still in it because mahomes dropped the ball.

zebras very poor in both games though.

Chiefs the better team though. Bengals were only still in it because mahomes dropped the ball.

zebras very poor in both games though.

Chiefs slightly better, but they also got the lion’s share of fortunate breaks. Still don’t see them having any chance of beating the Eagles.

Agreed, Mahomes clearly wasn't the same player with that sprain and I thought they got a few good calls from the officials. Bengals missed the protection they normally offer Burrow through injuries and ultimately it was a stupid penalty on Mahomes when off the pitch that made that kick achievable. If Mahomes doesn't fully recover then I expect the Eagles to win a one way final, think Bengals might have been a better final tbh but there's little to chose between them

Ye, can see the Eagles defence being all over Mahomes like a rash. Only watched the highlights but he wasn't moving to well....

Going to be very tough sledding for the Chiefs I think. Shame Mahomes will not be up to his full abilities to make the final a better game. Then again, one never knows how these things will end up until they do. The Eagles will be tough to beat. I felt bad for the Niners too, not having their QB at full potential. Sure throws a mighty monkey wrench into things right off the bat, and makes a potentially really good game become a bit of a lopsided thing.

Just finished watching the championship games. Lots of injuries, including Bosas bizarre hit whilst stood on the sideline from a falling special teams player, which detracted from both games imho. Mahomes has the extra week of course to bet healthy.

I have the Chiefs slight favourites based on Mahomes being about 90%. Movement towards the Eagles in the money line was, as ever, Joe Public money and my instinct is to stick with the Vegas open where Chiefs were 1.5pt favourites.

My keys to the game:

#1 QB Injuries. Mahomes on one leg is still the best QB not named Allen or Burrow by some distance, but also Hurts and his probably not fixed shoulder could be significant.

#2 Can Eagles keep it close? If they get behind by 2 or more scores they are not really built to catch up.

#3 Can the Chiefs line hold up? It's way better than it was in the Tampa Superbowl but Eagles are pretty good.

#4 I think Spags will load to stop the run and the roll the dice with lots of man press rather than the variants on the ubiquitous 2-deep shells.

So basically if the game is close and the Eagles can keeping run the ball and hit AJ and Davonte on simple outside routes and maybe a few tricksy man beaters cooked up for the big game then they have a big chance. They also need that pass rush to be as good as it's been all year to keep the Chiefs under 30.

If the Chiefs are anything like the Chiefs I think they score enough that Hurts has to be the QB version of Hurts we saw early in the season, pre-shoulder injury.

Overall I am quite looking forward to this and think it will be a good game.

Hope you are right and it’s a good game. Still think the Eagles will win both lines of scrimmage, and that the Chiefs will need big plays and turnovers to win.

Nice to Harold Carmichael honored before the kickoff. One of my earliest football memories was watching the 6’8” Carmichael battle 5’9” Pat Fischer of the Redskins.

advertisement

Back