advertisement

All purpose football thread 2022/23 Season

Back on.

The sending off looked harsh... unless it was off camera all I saw was a bit of a leg swing which didn't connect.

To some extent the worst of all outcomes. A replay which replaces a league fixture in a month which could well decide the title. The loss of 2/3rds of the defence and a poor goal inside 7 minutes. Thought it took us until 35 minutes to recover and get going.

Max Cleworth has been harshly treated this season. Allegedly targeted by the opposition for his youth and on his way to a bigger club. Anyone who doubted him should have seen his 2 games against Championship teams. I’d have started with James Jones in midfield anyway as I’m convinced O’Connor and Lee together in midfield are nice to look at but pedestrian and create less than when Jonah plays. So, wasn’t too unhappy to see either on the pitch despite the injuries. Thought both were superb. Parky could have switched to a back 4 but bravely stuck with the improvised back 3 who were so bad at Wembley and… they were excellent.

2nd half you essentially saw us show the world what we can do. Thought we played some tremendous stuff as we have in winning all 16 home games so far. This was far better than the Coventry game where we won but forgot large parts of what we do well and really had to ride our luck. The loss of the 2 defenders cost us the equaliser but crikey what’s great cup game.

We had a perfect view of the red card offence. Tozer called our their guy for cheating and he lashed out with a leg which he absolutely smashed into Tozer. Referee and assistant didn’t see it as they were rightly following play. 4th official saw it and can only call a referee over if he’s seen a red card offence. The mouthful he then gave the referee as he was going off was wholly unwarranted.

I’m back home now and have just watched the preamble and the 1st half. 6 incidents in the 1st half which fans on 3 sides were raging about. Clearly we should not volunteer to be police witnesses. Referee was correct on every one.

**** you, Ryan Reynolds. Up the Blades.

I doubt we’ll risk too many 1st team players for the replay so the Championship team are likely through but it was fascinating to watch a team playing 352 same as us. McBurnie looked scary until we remembered the game plan; put a 2nd player on him and a 3rd to keep nipping the ball off him. At that point he lost it and it was no surprise he was subbed. Sadly you already know he’s not EPL standard. Your sub looked terrifying but clearly doesn’t know when to release a ball. Given that I love the atmosphere at Bramhall Lane the away supporters contribution to the atmosphere today was very poor indeed.

Brighton have done very well and it is galling to see players you have scouted and coached to be picked off by the so called big clubs, if the dodgy tackles in that game had been the other way around we would be hearing about it till next Christmas.

To be fair both Fabihino (sp). could have been changed to a red card???? and Robertson knew what they had done.

Though it is true, I don't imagine Brighton (the club) are too worried about it. Dortmund and Southampton have taken several of City's youth players and will, undoubtedly, then sell them to 'bigger' clubs for huge profits, as Brighton will do with the players now rumoured to be the subject of bidding. As a fan, it is frustrating because of the quality of football that Brighton play. You may have thought that Cucurella leaving, for a big wedge, would have affected them, but they are improved. I imagine that the same will be true of others, at least I hope so.

As for City, if you have such talented young players in your setup as Romeo Lavia, and you don't give them much of a go in the first team, there is always a risk. Fortunately, with him, we have a buy-back clause and a sell-on clause, but there is no reason to expect loyalty from players you have bought from elsewhere - he is from Anderlecht - and he has a right to make the best of his career.

I have been watching the youth teams a lot this season and the next batch of City youngsters look outstanding, with the majority Mancunian and at the club since the age of eight. The gap from U18 to first team is huge, but players like Joel Ndala and Isiah Dada-Mascoll, who are both just 16, look superb. City are now 10 points clear at the top of their league and playing some scintillating football. No doubt other clubs will be waiting to offer some guys first-team action, as the main selling point to draw these guys away. Hopefully, they have been attached to City for long enough that they are patient to wait for their chance.

An old but forever funny one...

Whinging Klopp- We played against 2 teams, Brighton and Hove Albion, how can we win?

Cancelo loan to Bayern confirmed, with an option to buy for £70m. This speedy deal follows recent under-the-radar speculation that he had fallen out with Pep. A talented player, but nobody is bigger than the club, and Pep can be a ruthless guy when needed.

Cancelo loan to Bayern confirmed, with an option to buy for £70m. This speedy deal follows recent under-the-radar speculation that he had fallen out with Pep. A talented player, but nobody is bigger than the club, and Pep can be a ruthless guy when needed.
If that's the case then Pep's done well to nip it in the bud.

Thank goodness the transfer window has closed forcing Chelsea to stop buying any more players.
Bearing in mind the length of the contracts I'm hoping we haven't bought too many Winston Bogarde's.:eek:
On the upside it will give Potter more options of who to play out of position at right wing back when Reece is injured.:)

Mason Greenwood attempted rape charges dropped

Thoughts?

Source: BBC

For myself, I never followed it so I don’t know what is ‘out there’.

As a principle, he hasn’t been found guilty of anything so should be able to carry on with his job.

Huddersfield Town are almost certainly getting relegated this season. Utterly rotten from top to bottom. We are struggling to score goals so we get two goalkeepers in the recent window.

I don’t understand why we keep buying injured players?

It’s utterly miserable supporting a shit club.

Thank goodness the transfer window has closed forcing Chelsea to stop buying any more players.
Bearing in mind the length of the contracts I'm hoping we haven't bought too many Winston Bogarde's.:eek:
On the upside it will give Potter more options of who to play out of position at right wing back when Reece is injured.:)

My vote for the crucial, all important right wing back berth at west London’s third favourite club should imho go to Masonic Mount! He has the qualities necessary - great at running without the ball, has no left foot and couldnt tackle even if his life depended on it. P.S. I can’t believe you managed to off load Jorginho to Arsenal.

Huddersfield Town are almost certainly getting relegated this season. Utterly rotten from top to bottom. We are struggling to score goals so we get two goalkeepers in the recent window.

I don’t understand why we keep buying injured players?

It’s utterly miserable supporting a shit club.

It could be worse - you could be a Liverpool/Everton/Chelsea supporter.

advertisement

Back